Shipping to the UK through USPS

mpcec

Not sure where to put this so I just tossed it in here. I'm sending out a package to the UK and wanted to hear some other peoples input. UPS and Fedex both cost around $100 so I'm looking at using USPS.

Anyone have any warnings for me about doing this? I know I can't track the package... but have people who have shipped overseas to London had good success?

I don't understand why it costs so much either... I've received packages from Japan/ Europe and shipping is never close to $100. Fuck.

Thanks for any input.

UPS and Fedex are rip-offs for overseas shipping, I guess they charge quite a bit less for companies who partner with them but for individuals they usually suck.

using USPS is not a problem at all, International Priority and Express Mail International are both trackable and quite fast. Priority should take about a week, Express 3-5 days. depending on what youre shipping, the cost can actually be quite close with the two.

I don't know what item you're about to ship but the recent times I have received clothes from the US, they have used EMS and devalued to around $45 and crossed as gift (will help the receiver in customs).

Sitting with an envelope right now (big enough to carry an ann D hoody), it looks like it cost him $28 and that was with tracking.

Thanks for the input. I am shipping a jacket. I emailed the buyer and he is willing to pay the price for UPS but I would like to save him the money and use EMS or USPS if I could.

Mike, the times I've gone to USPS and shipped stuff to Canada they have always told me that it couldn't be tracked. I'll go down to the local post office tomorrow though and talk to the post master about international tracking.

I've never shipped using EMS before... browsing the site real quick it looks like its based in China and doesn't have any local stores that you can drop packages off to. I'll look into it a bit more later tonight.

Thanks for the input. I am shipping a jacket. I emailed the buyer and he is willing to pay the price for UPS but I would like to save him the money and use EMS or USPS if I could..

I know its already been stated once briefly here, but make sure to mark it as a gift under a certain amount of money(I forget exactly what amount, google should have the answer). If not the guy might get hit with some pretty crazy customs charges as well.

I've never shipped using EMS before... browsing the site real quick it looks like its based in China and doesn't have any local stores that you can drop packages off to. I'll look into it a bit more later tonight.

dude, EMS = Express Mail Service. It's the next step above Priority Mail and it's tracked by default, delivered on Sundays as well.