Gucci selvage

triniboy27

So I just got a pair of black Gucci 5-pocket jeans (red-green selvage line) in today from ebay, and I was just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of background on them...ie, what season they're from, were they raw originally, etc?

I'm assuming they're at least from the early 2000's and so probably have been washed/dry cleaned since then...

Will post pics in a bit, but if anyone has any info in the mean time, holla back...

Guest Fade to Black

...i think i remember someone posting pics of a pair of Gucci selvedge's they had on here a while back, they looked real but i'm not sure what season they were made. As far as I know all the jeans Gucci is doing now are not selvedge, so perhaps those are from the Tom Ford era.

Quote:

Question, i have a pair of jeans with a selvage looking seam like that, with the fuzzy ends. That seam in the picture is considered selvage?

this is my pair: 116445807.jpg

sorry for the hijack

that line looks beautiful, i love the forest green and red

--- Original message by breakfasteatre on Oct 26, 2005 12:37 PM

what king of jeans are those?

Sorry for the late response (and size) of these pics...

f1b69u.jpg

f1b6lj.jpg

The inseam on these are 36" and the previous owner cuffed them at about 34", as you can see.

I had them hemmed today to 31" (I'm 5'6" or so) which will allow me to wear these regularly w/ boots or cuffed w/ kicks...and it also eliminates the visible wear at the 34" mark.

peace

Those fuzzy selvage jeans look like a pair of replays that I had a couple of years ago. I bought them for $7, wore them every day for 4 months without washing and sold them ebay for $55. My GF dared me. I hated wearing those fucking things! Look at how regular the denim is compared to these from Warehouse Japan

1131500105329_whua3.JPG

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

Edited by Serge d Nimes on Oct 26, 2005 at 09:18 PM

one info i can contribute is that the guccis are selvage, but are not ringspun. no irregularities.

nonetheless they are one of my favourites, cause the denim is unlike any other, very smooth and soft. but they dont get really good fades.if you wear them they come out little blurry. maybe its due to the black colour. but they have nice leather patch.

these are just my experiences, maybe i am wrong.