Dior Homme Denim

midnight

Got my Diors from thegrapist today. Sorry for the poor lighting in the non-thumbed shot. Can't decide if they're too baggy -- opinions? Relevant stats:

6'2.5" 155lbs

31 in New Standards (Might-could be in a 30. The word seems to be to size up 1 from your NS fit for your dior fit, thus my pick of dior size).

Dior MIJ 19cm Blacks, sz. 31

cropped1bg6.jpg

cropped2fb8.th.jpg cropped4xe6.th.jpg cropped3xn3.th.jpg

I have a size 30 I'm tryin to trade for a 31. Get at me if you're interested.

Sized down to a 29 as per teardrop's advice. I dropped by the Dior store in the Wynn and tried a 29 and 30. Since the prevailing wisdom seems to say that it should be difficult to close the clasp on the first fit, I decided 30s were slightly large too. I like this fit much better, but they made these shoes look weird. :(

img4ov9.jpg

slaani those look 10x better. That should be good after the stretch if you can't quite get the clasp done comfortably. My advice is don't do the clasp up earlier than you can by pulling it tight or the piece that covers the fly buttons will permanently pull weird.

Shoes look weird for 2 reasons:

1. Stacks didn't settle yet, give it a week or two for them to look good.

2. Those shoes kinda suck. Even white cons would be better imo, they always look at least decent w/ 19cms.

slaani those look 10x better. That should be good after the stretch if you can't quite get the clasp done comfortably. My advice is don't do the clasp up earlier than you can by pulling it tight or the piece that covers the fly buttons will permanently pull weird.

Shoes look weird for 2 reasons:

1. Stacks didn't settle yet, give it a week or two for them to look good.

2. Those shoes kinda suck. Even white cons would be better imo, they always look at least decent w/ 19cms.

Yeah, I agree on the shoes. I was withholding judgment until I had my 19cm fit down. Hopefully Revolve will take 'em back still.

planning on taking mine to get tailored today

actually, i think im gonna try on a 29 and see how that goes, cause my 30s have just been a bit loose lately...ive been losing weight and the fit is just not quite as slim as i want...so yeah, basically im up in the air as to whether im gonna size down or just have my current pair altered

though i have to admit, im not crazy about the idea of having to spring for a new pair...im hoping a bit of a hem and taper will do the trick...im 5'8 and the stacking is just too much...my initial plan was to hem to a 33, maybe 34 and have them slightly tapered...i should probably mention i dont mind the slouchyness in the upperblock, but the fit below the knee is not quite as slim as id like

Do you think a hot wash/tumble dry would do anything to shrink these down to an acceptable size or just resell?

I also just picked up some mij 19s' and I have a bad feeling they are too baggy based on some of the fit pics I've seen posted here. These are size 32.

Would anyone care to comment?

dior1fg2.th.jpg

dior2zb7.th.jpg

hi folks, i'm about to purchase a pair of clawmarks http://diabro.net/product_info.php/cPath/193_336/products_id/14477 and in need of some sizing advise. i'm a size 30 in MIJ raw but they fit very snuggly though. would have purchased a 31 if i could turn back time. what size should i go for in clawmarks? i'm looking to purchase a 32. would it be too big? i'm looking for a slim fit not a super skinny fit in these clawmarks. looking at the measurements provided on diabro website i feel that clawmarks sizes run smaller than MIJ raws so i'm deciding to go 2 sizes up. are the sizings in KVA's era consistent to hedi's era? clawmarks owners please advise. would appreciate a prompt response. looking to make a purchase in a day or two. thanks in advance.

brought my diors in today to the 5th ave store where i bought em...theyre doing my alterations free of charge, but itll be 10 days before i get them back

having them hemmed to a 34 and tapered a bit below the knee...i just hope they dont taper them TOO much...she pinned them where she was gonna do it on me, but its hard to really tell...

free tailoring is pretty sweet, tell her not to cut them when tappering

that way she can let them back out and try again if they are too tight.

ha...im wondering if i should call her up and cancel the tapering altogether...i guess ill just have to wait and see, but i definitely dont want them to end up too tight considering how pricey these jeans are

In general the washed pairs run a size smaller than MIJ raws because of stretch and stuff, so go with the 32 Clawmark if you would wear a 31 raw.

thanks for the input xh0llyw00dxx. was wondering if KVA had altered the fit for clawmarks in anyway. are they any different compared to ones produced in hedi's era? all paraniod.

i reckon you will be okay, a store that sells dh would have a good tailor who wouldn't do something they thought would fuck up the jeans. I hate the terror of waiting for an expensive piece of clothing to come back from a tailor

yeah man...the guy who works there saw how she originally pinned them on me and was like nahhh i dont think you should do it that much so she pinned them a little less close afterwards cause he said he once made that same mistake and he could barely get his foot through the leg opening...but still im kinda worried from the knee down they might end up like spandex which i really dont want...just wanted them a tad closer so from the knee down, its noticeably slimmer...but i dont want a slouchy top and then spandex below the knee, that would look dumb...im hoping if she does make it slightly tight though, the 34 inseam will make it appear not so tight

oh well, guess for now i just gotta keep my fingers crossed