Leather jackets

so i decided im in the market for a good leather jacket. but i dont know shit about leather jackets because im used to thinking of them as a) eurotrashy B) i bought this at the airport or c) im from new jersey. i have in mind a jacket sort of like the one usher wore in 'u don't have to call' but black or some other dark color. anyway show me what u got superfiends

I posted this is anoter thread, but here's the only leather jacket I own:

leatherjacketunzipped0es.jpg

It's by a brand called 'Outer Edge' from Topshop in England. Very similar to the first Lithium jacket posted except I prefer the blazer-like collar to the motorcycle ones featured in alot of the aforementioned jackets.

Edited by verb on May 28, 2006 at 09:58 AM

The brown AKM/WJK looks killer. I own the Lad musician one and am very satisfied with it.

There was also a very cool reddish cloak jacket from the last collection, I'll post a picture when I find it.

Quote:

do I dare ask how much that former-Carpe-Diem-designer jacket costs?

--- Original message by minya on May 27, 2006 12:13 PM

WJK one costs 252,000 yen. So around 2,200 dollars. Cheapest ones are the lithium homme which cost around 800 dollars. IMO the Julius jackets are the best for price and quality; the most underrated label here in Japan in IMO. Cut is on point and finish and construction is incredible. I am constantly amazed how they can charge such low prices for items that could easily be charged 2,3 times more if they slapped 'Dior' or some other high profile label to them.

Vexed Ninja high leather.

[url=" http://www.ninjahood.co.uk/shop/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=24&"] <a href="http://www.ninjahood.co.uk/shop/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=24&" target="_blank">http://www.ninjahood.co.uk/shop/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=24&</a>

looks like total Shit in the photo here, but hell if it ain't the sexiest, closest fitting, softest, hardest piece of kit I've ever shrugged off. Feel like an X-man everytime I step on the street. Believe.

Not at all far off some of the positively sexual styles DJrajio posted, IMO.

yo what's up with that ninja hood jacket????????????????

djrajio has the leather jacket game on lock!!

that WJM (?) one is crackkkkkkkkkkkk! must-cop-status!

damn i saw some of their other jackets after googling, they look awesome. is there anywhere in the US that sells these kind of jackets/clothes or do i have to move to japan?

carol christian poell makes some of the illest leather jackets. i don't have any pics on me though.

mmm wjk. i thought their quality wasn't that good? well i guess it has to be a step-down from c diem if the jacket is "that cheap" relatively speaking.

lithium homme is basically a knock off of dior homme. they make very similar jeans too. the quality is subdued a bit from the original, but still worth the $$$ IMO.

japan has a high tax rate for imported leather goods. they take higher of the 30% from the stated price or 4500 yen. cant speak for the commercial rates, but usually leather jackets would go from $800 and up. just to throw it out, the leather jacket market is usually $300 higher than that over in the US from my personal experience.

Artifical,

I actually know very little about the label, only that it started in 2002 by Nao Fukatami and basically its a fringe label, with no certain look/theme. If I had to describe it, it would be post punk on acid. Really crazy shit that just blows my mind and is incredibly popular here. I only know one store in Meguro (Metalburger) that sells the label (aside from online shops), but new garments are always getting sold out.

I wanted this jacket from their new fall collection but they wouldn't be available until august/september. Needless to say it still got sold out in less than an 10 minutes.

1112668_B_1.jpg

so are there any US stores selling those japanese (right?) styles that rajio has shown us?

it's bad enough that i'm thinking about dropping $2000+ on a jacket ha....i dunno if i can stomach going to japan just for that but hopping on the train to nyc would be a little less frivolous lllllllol

• 1 month later...

Rick Owens (I own that one)

colrickowensleatherat0.th.jpg

Ah, I recognize the source of that image... :) What's the rundown on Rick Owen's jacket sizing? The seller of the afore(posted) jacket says they run true to size, but I've heard on TFS and other places that the sizing is extremely slim. What are your thoughts?

Ah, I recognize the source of that image... :) What's the rundown on Rick Owen's jacket sizing? The seller of the afore(posted) jacket says they run true to size, but I've heard on TFS and other places that the sizing is extremely slim. What are your thoughts?

Definitely go one size up (I didn't buy it from countesse btw, just using the image). It's slim cut. I got an L, and I'm usually either S or M. Long sleeves are not a problem because they are skinny and therefore bunch up nicely, which is how Rick likes to show them. The leather is good enough to eat.