Having a party; need music suggestions

chr1stuffer

edit: just saw clopek's post. just like i said man.

lets be real here. I have never put on any of those albums listed at a party and had people be like "this sucks, turn it off". it's an instant dance party, ESPECIALLY when you throw people who don't know shit about music in the loop, because it's all new, and it gives people a chance to sing along to their favourite songs. if you want to avoid the easiest party mixes around, the only other guaranteed route is a mixture of motown hits and old hip hop.

lets be real here. I have never put on any of those albums listed at a party and had people be like "this sucks, turn it off". it's an instant dance party, ESPECIALLY when you throw people who don't know shit about music in the loop, because it's all new, and it gives people a chance to sing along to their favourite songs. if you want to avoid the easiest party mixes around, the only other guaranteed route is a mixture of motown hits and old hip hop.

motown and old hiphop is always the way to go. i used to dj parties in the LES and one night threw on some isley bros at like 3am on a thursday and everyone went fucking nuts. brought that shit down.

Or you could go the whole route of picking the dance music that you have and actually like and play that.

You know...influencing your friends to stop listening to shit

You must have the most irritating parties ever.

Ratatat

False. I like ratatat but this is a shite idea.

Just go to the Billboard top 100 singles chart then watch MTV for a few days. Girl Talk isn't a bad idea. His tracks are choppy enough that it doesn't really matter if you move some tracks or get rid of some around but I wouldn't suggest throwing another artist in the middle of a Girl Talk tracklist and vice versa. The guy with the 80's and 90's music was right. Keep it hip hop, though. Ironic songs like "Breakfast at Tiffany's" will destory the party (in a bad way).

would definitely add another vote for Girl Talk - Feed The Animals. I had this on my ipod the day after it came out, threw it on at a party, and it was a hit. you can't go wrong

but please, PLEASE, don't play ratatat and cut copy at your party man. all you need is a couple notorious b.i.g., t-pain, r kelly (ignition remix, feelin on yo booty), and weezy