Dragonball appreciation [Z & GT]

casual_coal

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched z on toonami quite a bit, but then they just kept showing re-run after re-run after re-run of the episodes wher Goku beats up Freeza.

You lie. They never actually fought. They just had episode after episode of them powering up.

You lie. They never actually fought. They just had episode after episode of them powering up.

Dammit, you caught me didn't he get to like super saiyan level 3 before anything happened?

I dun remember details like that. After school my friend would always take a break from basketball or skating or whatever to watch it. I just remember 90% of dbz episodes being them screaming with all kinds of lights going around them.

Dragonball original was perfect for me because it was on just before elementary school every day. All about the timing.

Figured I see Chrono in here...

Yeah the end of the Frieza saga was just him and Goku going "uhhhhhhhh-uhhhhhhhh-uhhhhhhhh" like a commercial for Ex-Lax or something. The actual fighting was mad anti-climactic.

My favorite was in Z during the Android/Imperfect Cell Sagas. That whole shit was crazy. I got all my boys together who thought that shit was gay and had them all hypnotized for like 3 hours by that shit. From when Trunks shows up to when Imperfect Cell blows up Piccolo - that shit was just hot.

Buu saga and GT were whack.

My bad on the GT again there Mrip..

Broly was sweet i'll give you that but the ginyu force was probably my favorite villian's

I wish I remembered all of their names. The android/cell saga was really good mainly because I hated the androids..

i remember my brother, years ago, downloaded all of the gt episodes back when we were still on dial-up. thats was kinda stupid, at 5 hours an episode download it just didnt seem worth it.

I hated Andriod/Cell saga. The idea that some earth scientist can create some robots whose fighting level was above Super Saiyan just struck me as ridiculous. Then they threw in all that time travel and suddenly everyone was super saiyan I was like wtf is Toriyama doing.

Couple of years ago the guy who does One Piece interviewed Toriyama about DBZ and he didn't remember shit about it. I think he had no idea who Lunch or TaoPaiPai were and half the time was like "wow I don't even remember writing that." I was so sad.

Well it's well known that Toriyama wanted DBZ to end with Goku defeating Frieza on Namek and then dying there as the planet exploded but due to the overwhelming response he was getting for the show he decided to continue so it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't remember much... but I for one am thankful that he continued it because I really enjoyed the whole Android/Cell saga.

like DBZ:Budaki I believe.

They're still fucking making these. There's ads for the new one posted up in a lot of places around NYC. I can't even believe it, since they don't even change the characters, graphics, or game engine anymore.

Shit is like Madden, except they just take the same game from 98 and rerelease it every other year.

They're still fucking making these. There's ads for the new one posted up in a lot of places around NYC. I can't even believe it, since they don't even change the characters, graphics, or game engine anymore.

Shit is like Madden, except they just take the same game from 98 and rerelease it every other year.

Thats fucking sick they weren't even that good of games to be honest I can't believe they are making enough money to keep making them each year