Educate me on the Denim game.

Zebumble

Hi all, new to the forum. I joined after reading a few post over several weeks. It seems to be a pretty good crowd. My problem is i dont know much about denim, i have been wearing loose, straight jeans from gap and levi's, but quite honestly im getting bored of that. I dont mind spending more, but i dont want to run a trial and error in all the wrong brands, fits.

I like the way loose straight jeans fit, but i cant seem to locate this type anywhere, save a few brands. Im just looking for something not baggy, not tight, or doesnt rise when i sit. Im a mess when it comes to denim. Educate me on all the basic aspects and how to look for what flatters me. Thank you all.

1) Educate yourself. There is an ungodly wealth of denim knowledge on this message board. Use the search function.

2) Try stuff on. Nobody can tell you what fits better than yourself.

3) Good starter 'loose' straight jeans: APC Rescue, Nudie Regular Ralf, Sugarcane 1947 Levi repro, Edwin ED-47, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Welcome. As for the 'denim education' a good start can be the old topics. Much information about nearly everything there. Use the Search button. Since the options come to personal taste to a high level you'd have to be more specific, also loose, regular and slim variates between different individuals, so it would help to know your height and weight.

As these guys have said denim topics on here are very individual tastes. Search around and keep in mind, as it was said before, 'loose' for me would be 'slim' to alot of people on here. Best bet is find stores in your area that have a large selection, go when they are slow and you can actually have a 'knowledgeable' salesperson help you if they exist. Seems they are harder and harder to come by. If you don't have that option where you live then read as much as you can on here. There is a huge resource of photos and opinions.

Quote:

If you really want to learn. Go user the search buttons. Or read the posts of jdavis,Geowu, RingxRing, wild_whiskey.Different labels carry certain styles not suited for other people.Learn which one is good for you.

--- Original message by soleindahole on Oct 4, 2005 04:42 PM

or PaulT, or Blanc0, or .... there's countless others.

Or you can sleep in your Raw Selvage one of a kind vintage 1944 levis. Made from cotton waste and grass clippings because of the war effort. It's arcuate painted on with a mixture of red dirt and spittle.

And then you are a DemiDenimGod...

I hope indigo doesn't cause cancer...

Imperial Brand Clothing - [url=" http://www.imperial.st"] <a href="http://www.imperial.st" target="_blank">http://www.imperial.st</a>

I would say look for some pictures of people wearing denim and try to find pictures of denim that fit the way you would want them to fit. Then maybe post that picture on one of these forums and one of the knowledgables would point you the right way.