Sign in to follow this  
Guest Goose25

supermotha server

Guest Goose25

welcome to the supermotha.

after what has been an incredibly difficult process to get to this stage we are finally here and looking to server up one helluva fast supertalk.

any problems or questions keep us posted and we will fix up asap

supertech

Hurray!

Edit: Whoa, already more than 1100 users right after the migration was finished.

The lurkers are in town, and they want a piece of the Future®.

There is a disconnect between what's listed as the newest post on the main index and then what the newest post actually is inside a patrticular forum. This is also true with regard to posts and threads.

Edit: I think it has to do with the clock on the server, which is kind of wonky. This post is listed as 7:51 am, but it was posted around 2:51 pm--nearly 7 hours later.

Guest Goose25

I think there are some user cookie issues that will even out as time passes and users logout/in etc

More importantly, new posts are stamped with the current (wrong) time, so if you post something now, it will be slotted in the thread according to the listed time; for example, if you post something right now, it won't appear at the end of the thread as it's supposed to be rather a few posts up; this should be an issue only for the few hours, until the listed time passes the time of the migration, but it's still kind of annoying/disconcerting.

I am not able to send PMs because it tells me I have to wait 60 seconds between posts, and yet I haven't sent a PM in over 6 hours.

Guest Goose25
I am not able to send PMs because it tells me I have to wait 60 seconds between posts, and yet I haven't sent a PM in over 6 hours.

just sent a pm to myself - working okay here. logout and log back in and see if it helps

nope, now im down to 1703 seconds left until i can pm at least ;)

servers goin nice and fast though :D

The time screw up makes browsing threads nearly impossible right now since all the post orders are really out of whack.

The time screw up makes browsing threads nearly impossible right now since all the post orders are really out of whack.

True...

10char

Guest Goose25

hm. okay - try logging and then out and let me know if still an issue - your session may have come across from the previous server (which uses a different clock)

hm. okay - try logging and then out and let me know if still an issue - your session may have come across from the previous server (which uses a different clock)

The clock is still screwy.

Guest Goose25

okay, hang in there - I will be advising the group who setup the server and get their thoughts - once I know will modify what settings need modifying...

Random posts jump to the end of the thread for me. I posted in the "yes / no" thread in superfashion and my post keeps winding up as the last response. Superweird.

seems that when logged in users are accessing old server and when logged out they are viewing on new server?? [...my theory anyway] this might account for the time diff.s. anyway supertech is asleep for another 6 or so hours... so......

expect to have this ironed out soon plus other transition glitches.

then we are finally back on track after a fucking hideous 4 weeks in server hell...

i made a thread in the marketplace but i can't see it... i know others can b/c i've gotten PMs about it... hmm...

Everything works lovely.

I can feel the joy radiating from everyone here as they jump from thread to thread without the "Server is too busy" message appearing.

So, thanks a lot!

wtf happened to the background and stuff. everything is so barebone.

edit: oh nvm. it fixed itself.

Guest Goose25

avatars and pic uploads working - issue with incorrect path for uploading images resolved

just out of curiosity, whats the physical size of the sufu servers?

anything less than a massive geoentric satellite would be slight let down.

Guest Goose25

"its not the size that counts... its how you use it"

couple of info bits for ya: RAM 8GB, SWAP 10GB and major http connection client limits...