ebay problem - seller won't respond

Shorty Long

i bought this '60s levi cord blazer on ebay and the guy wants to charge me $16 for usps priority shipping...i figure he could just use a flat rate priority box for $8, and i suggested this to him. i added that it was only a suggestion and i would be happy to pay the $16 if that's the best he can do, but i haven't heard back from him...it's been 5 days since the auction ended.

was it out of line for me to suggest something like this? how much longer should i wait before a pursue it any further?

If it was posted 16 dollars on the auction description, then it was out of line, nevertheless the seller should have contacted you to tell you he was going to ship it his way. Have you paid yet?

Quote:

why do people bargin with shipping/handling. it drives me nuts. what is stated is what is charged

--- Original message by poly800rock on Sep 24, 2005 06:35 AM

the shipping price wasn't stated in the description...i'm not trying to bargain...it just seemed high to me and i wanted an explanation...if he has a decent one, i'll pay it no problem...it's just that he hasn't responed to me at all since i asked