about Earnest "Fulton" jeans.

soleindahole

for anyone has a pair of these jeans, help me out on this. these jeans are pretty rigid. alot drier than my nudie slims. my question is, should i get a size up on these. or do they stretch out true to size after first wash?

these jeans are haute.only thing i can bitch about these jeans are the pre abrasion on front and back of the knees. whoever thought of putting those abrasions should get slapped. the whole point of getting it dry so the user can create its unique whiskering.so when i put these on the damn abrasion on the knees are below mine.not everyone have same lenght on the legs!!! second is the lenght, seems like only one lenght. all seems to be size 34 or 36 inseam?

hear from you guys. peace.

I just got a pair of selvedge filsons which I think is about the same as the fultons. I usually wear a 34, but I got a 33 and they are still a little loose, I'm guessing they will shrink after a wash. But I also have another pair of Earnest Sewn in Hutch (pre washed), size 34, and they fit perfect. So in the end, I guess I can't really answer your question, and I probably have the same question as you. icon_smile.gif

The selvedge filsons are really nice. Light-weight selvedge and really rigid, good for hotter days, but kinda long.

I'm so self-conscious...

the filson and fulton are one and the same.

the filson will officially be renamed 'fulton' early on in the new year. this was because of a supposed copyright infrigment with filson bags - they're an established all-american luggage line.

I say 'supposed' infrigement as earnest sewn shapes are named after american writers. the filson is named after john filson, author of Adventures of Colonel Daniel Boon.

you should be fine buying your regular size. they do stretch out

Edited by jdavis on Sep 17, 2005 at 09:12 AM

oh i see now, about the name change, because i was at my local bloomingdales and sometimes they get exclusive jeans from different desginers. i saw these "futltons" that had pre-abrasions and i thought thats how the the standard fultons looked. i shouldve known because inside the pocket in mentions bloomingdales exclusives.icon_smile_shy.gif. im trying to find the regular fulton at online shop anyone know a place?

as for the raw filsons right now you have 2 choices:

- filson 50: line-dryed cone denim with a black half-selvage on the outseam, waistband and full beltloop selvage.

- filson xx: japanese xx red-selvage denim (nisshinbo i think...)

you might even be able to get a retailer who carries them to ship them to you?

these new fultons bloomingdale exclusive, have these green seams they used on dark dry denim. it looks crazy, i like it,but again those pre-abrasions on it. really flattened the sails. i wish they make that style standard withought all the pre-abrasion and it would be haute. i guess they wanted to make it more fancy for bloomingdales.

the filson xx is dry and unwashed, while the filson 50 is washed once and left to line-dry. it also has a very light resin prep. but both are preshrunk and have comparable indigo dips.

if you buy the filson 50, make sure its a second generation model - full belt-loop selvege. all the first generation filson 50s cost the same but only have the rear belt loop sewn with selvedge.

both great pants. hope that helps sole

Quote:

Aaaiight, I fixed them shits.

--- Original message by Bing Bing on Sep 17, 2005 11:30 AM

the seams are ill. is that light blue seams or green on the back pockets? btw what model of filson is that? how much did you pay for it at your shop,they seem to be 150+ at most shops...

Edited by soleindahole on Sep 17, 2005 at 12:59 PM

what i meant about the xx being preshrunk is that its been shrunk through a process similar to sanforizing. the xx is comparably as dry as an apc or a nudie.

the 50 has been processed similarly, rinsed once, line dryed and resined - to give the denim a very slight slight crinkle. they wear very well.

Edited by jdavis on Sep 17, 2005 at 01:44 PM

• 3 weeks later...

New to the site...excuse my ignorance.

I recently ordered these filson 50s and they will be my first raw jean. Since they have been pre-washed and line dried how much will they shrink (if at all) after a wash./dry?

Basically when they arrive should i look for them to be fitted (as my other jeans) or losser/larger (to take into account future shrinkage).

cheers