Supreme 2008 S/S

Dead_Wizard

milspex, what do you have against hipsters.. its seems to be a serious source of distress in your life.. at least judging by how often you bring it up

i'm kind of not seeing the big deal about either of those guys in the pictures.. they look like dudes... who happen to be wearing shirts made by supreme

edited to include: shut up jackphotography

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

milspex, what do you have against hipsters.. its seems to be a serious source of distress in your life.. at least judging by how often you bring it up

i'm kind of not seeing the big deal about either of those guys in the pictures.. they look like dudes... who happen to be wearing shirts made by supreme

Do you even wear supreme?

why are you posting in here?

You have a completely pink skateboard.

just wondering, how can you tell when a supreme jacket is made by alpha? what do look for in the tags, etc? i remember reading a discussion about this in an old thread a while back but i cant find it anymore. link anybody?

alpha's been pretty well known in the street wear circle (i know that sounds stupid but i don't know how else to put it) for awhile now. always nice to find their shit with modern sizing.

I had no clue, I mean I know brands have to get some of their shit manufactured by other companies, but I always thought they would be nameless faceless entities. Alpha Industries is pretty well known, and they sell their own shit...

PS. the only way I even found out the parka was AI was that it was printed on the poly bag it came in...wasn't anywhere on the actual garment.

what other brands use Alpha Industries?

why not just buy AI? back when i was in buffalo i had a n3b that remained indestructable through daily winter wear for somewhere around six years.

the only supreme outerwear i've worn much is a coat my cousin gave me made by spiewak a few years ago that wasn't anywhere near as tough.

I'd be down to get mil-spec stuff from AI, thats what I'm talking about.. I had no clue AI would even put out stuff like the striped parka.. it's more trad-nautical than mil-spec. I just think it's dope that so many influences are being combined this season and making superior end results.

supreme x alpha industries x trad

dope...

what other brands use Alpha Industries?

some of supreme's old jackets were alpha. and stussy made a collabo m65 with alpha f/w 06-07 i think.

i had an alpha n-3b as well. shit was the warm as hell and, yeah, pretty much indestructible. the only problem is that the fucking sleeves were too darn short. so alpha + modern sizing is definitely a good thing.

i've seen you post fits with supreme,and jack you be lookin type hipster too alto of the time. i mean hipster scene/ indie scene/ streetwear all that shit melds into one anotehr it's just taht nyc shit.

and to mil, i aint know a-ron was a rich kat, i just meant they way he carries himself he looks like the ill goon, you know what i mean?

My package arrived today (kermit, start something, plaid ls).... without any order confirmation, shipping confirmation, or customer service email response. Not suprised all that much by this, but I would've been pissed if I pulled the trigger on something during this waiting time and got fucked over because I had my funds tied up. Oh well, shits here, can't complain about that.

My package arrived today (kermit, start something, plaid ls).... without any order confirmation, shipping confirmation, or customer service email response. Not suprised all that much by this, but I would've been pissed if I pulled the trigger on something during this waiting time and got fucked over because I had my funds tied up. Oh well, shits here, can't complain about that.

thanks for telling us what you got in your order.

why not just buy AI? back when i was in buffalo i had a n3b that remained indestructable through daily winter wear for somewhere around six years.

the only supreme outerwear i've worn much is a coat my cousin gave me made by spiewak a few years ago that wasn't anywhere near as tough.

alpha make items specifically for supreme, or twists on current mil spec styles.

Got the water resistant Striped Parka in the mail today..

fucking amazing quality. Alpha Industries made it. (skip if you already know what AI is) It's dope though because AI is apparantly the premier supplier of jackets for the U.S. Air Force, Navy, Army, and Marine Corps.

They go back to 1959 in military design.

AI no longer produces for any armed forces shit. the website is old I think

Okay..but how is a tee with a full color photograph printed on 80% of its surface area simple?

So a tee cant have a vivid graphic? Lots of the best tees throughout different eras had crazy graphics, so would you say a classic slayer tee, jeans and a pair of Vans eras isnt a 'simple' look? It is to me, its just a tee and jeans, simple in COMPOSITION.

A tee underneath a hoody (or 2) with a backpack, DPM combats, a fanny pack and a beanie for example is NOT as simple....

But this is just a battle of semantics and subjectivity, i still think tee and jeans is the best look ever, it looks clean as hell....

And people like 'the state' and 'FAMOUS' should realise that an amicable difference of opinion is fine and not neg rep me because i say something and they dont have the balls to on an open forum....honestly, some people.....shut up or put up so that we know where you stand on issues....

I respect the thought, but I agree with milspex that if your tee has a massive logo, it definitely complicates the look. My idea of simple is that each piece is equally attractive to the eye. A massive logo diverts attention from everything else.

I like supreme but I can't wear it like milspex...I don't really agree that just because he wears something one way, that is the only way to wear it. I think the stuff probably looks better on him, like his style is cool I think for him, but even if I wanted to wear it like that I couldn't pull it off. I think someone who is pretty skinny (I am 5'10'', 133) wearing baggy loose fit stuff looks really stupid...i don't think I should avoid buying supreme because of it though

And people like 'the state' and 'FAMOUS' should realise that an amicable difference of opinion is fine and not neg rep me because i say something and they dont have the balls to on an open forum....honestly, some people.....shut up or put up so that we know where you stand on issues....

go fuck yourself, you knob-slobbing fan-boy. are you saying that:

A: i dont have the "balls" to flame you in this thread

or

B: i actually agree with your terribly faulted logic (re: whack vs ill ways to rock supreme) but i'm too scared to say so?

either way, you're wrong. and you're pathetic. your name is thesupreme. get a life, please.

go fuck yourself, you knob-slobbing fan-boy. are you saying that:

A: i dont have the "balls" to flame you in this thread

or

B: i actually agree with your terribly faulted logic (re: whack vs ill ways to rock supreme) but i'm too scared to say so?

either way, you're wrong. and you're pathetic. your name is thesupreme. get a life, please.

Sorry you dont agree but a tee and jeans is fine with me sweetheart, i'm just not PERSONALLY so keen on the hoody/combats/backpack look presented....get over it

Only now do you show your colours, i dont know you and you dont know me so lets leave it at that. Fact is you still took some of your time to neg rep me because i said something here like i hurt YOUR feelings??! My whole point is that nobody is WRONG, we just have definate different views, so if Milspex isnt arguing with me (because he has a BRAIN), why the hell should you?

Now go fuck yourself and lets stick to the discussion at hand

I think tee and jeans can look good too. Just baggier jeans and with a bigger and cleaner tee than that guy is wearing.

in this edition of AskMilspex........

Hi Milspex,

Big fan, long time listener, first time caller....

Baggier and bigger jeans/shirts may work for you skinnier guys....but what about us bigger guys..where XL is the largest size and even those are being made smaller nowadays..should we just not wear Supreme? Does Supreme plan to open a Big and Tall store? thanks for your help

Not Japanese Sized

I dont think wearing clothes is an exact science, everyone is different. Sure, there are accepted dos and donts but some of the best looks are less constructed i reckon. I for instance am not into stuff to baggy or oversized because i think it doesnt suit me and looks kind of childish. Nice colours, simple silhouettes, dressing according to the elements, that what i follow....

I still think the dude pulls that Zpastista tee off real well, busy tees exist, simple tees exist, some peopple make one work, some people dont, its all about just being yourself rather than studying ever so hard everyday to look like someone else because you THINK thats what you should be.....

good or bad, if you're are comfortable with your appearence thats all that should matter at the end of the day. rest of the world isn't superfuture.