korea :: seoul :: general

thomas_highstreet

sufu keeps deleting my posts, but basicly, i was taking the piss RE: dongdaemun.

what are you guys thoughts on sangssu? (might be a typo - to clarify im talking of the area next to hongdae).. im thinking of setting up a studio there next year.. good area for it? where else is worth a look in?

basicly looking for a small warehousing/factory unit.. ill wack some stud for living accom. and seperation from the 'gallery'/showroom/gayclub at the front.

in terms of living, sangsu is close by to hongdae so could be a good look if you don't mind the clubbers and sloppy foreigners for the weekend runts but as for manufacturing and running a small sweat shop, dongdaemun might be a decent look since you're close to the garment district and a stone's throw away from the wholesalers.

it really depends on your market and price points, but sinsa dong is a good look too but then again i'm always biased to kangnam and the kangnam ho's.

how much are you willing to shell out on a monthly basis?

my cousing rents a booth at one of those helloapm/migliore places.

mens clothing, 400W a month for the space.

he doesnt seem to be doing well, but he sells the same shit everyone else does. works 10am to 5am ugh

is it really only W400K for space like that? i thought it would be a bit more...

since w_w doesnt finish until late, i think we'll need to meet up in kangnam/apku for some late night bbq + soju. i'll see if anything is going down those two nights but i'm thinking ladies night at m2 or mass is in definite order thursday night.

tell winq to man up for some soju next week.

in terms of living, sangsu is close by to hongdae so could be a good look if you don't mind the clubbers and sloppy foreigners for the weekend runts but as for manufacturing and running a small sweat shop, dongdaemun might be a decent look since you're close to the garment district and a stone's throw away from the wholesalers.

it really depends on your market and price points, but sinsa dong is a good look too but then again i'm always biased to kangnam and the kangnam ho's.

how much are you willing to shell out on a monthly basis?

well the general thing being i dont expect many visitors to the actual 'store' itself, it will act as a galley, small showroom for my shit adjacent, living quarters and a 'lounge' for the more cooooooooooool guests to use at free will.

the gallery section will be a megatron multi purpose space. for art exhibition, performance, music, party, club, and comme des garcon esque guerilla storefront. obviously somewhat on 'rotation'.

just want a place relatively easy to get too, which is historically a warehousing district (or simply has a couple warehouses i could rent).

place doesnt need to be atal flashy, ive done a few conversions and this one will be done very basicly (as the walls, etc. i will build will likely be torn down within a couple years).

woop wooop. then i gonna franchise that shit.

jokez

actualy there is a massive house behind juun.j which is completely derelict, its fucking huge and has this wierd side plot of land which connects to garosugil, that would be a pretty cool front but im not sure if its 'gettible'.

in the uk you can negotiate with land lords who are 'sitting on' land (waiting for planning apps) to rent at a lower rate just to keep the place ticking over and not getting to fucked up. that ever happen in korea?

home land is now purified.

한국 만채

Yes! Let this land where pure trash litters the streets, salarymen in polyester suits chase badly dressed tail, and where dog's blood becomes the dinner spread, let it be free! From every silver luxury Hyundai and BMW 520i to every $2 a pack gum selling vagrant wearing a neon backpack, let freedom ring at last!!!!!!!!

Have no fear my Dear Dismal, I have been unemployed for some time now, spending my days wrestling with myself contemplating my purpose in life. I have come to a conclusion, serendipity has brought this moment we are now in. I have decided to become a traveling missionary; my first destination is Seoul, Korea, and I am going to convert the lawless heathens there to Jawnz. This mission must be carried out with a messianic verve not seen since GWB's war on Iraq.

home land is now purified.

한국 만채

Yes! Let this land where pure trash litters the streets, salarymen in polyester suits chase badly dressed tail, and where dog's blood becomes the dinner spread, let it be free! From every silver luxury Hyundai and BMW 520i to every $2 a pack gum selling vagrant wearing a neon backpack, let freedom ring at last!!!!!!!!

bring them to the promise land of jawnz dis

Guest umhaha84
a bit ambiguous there.. u can buy 3 chickens for 10,000won in seongbuk-gu near the back entrance of kookmin university, next to the buy-the-way and the glass/window depot.

those shits are like 2 for 10,000 in kangnam.

LOL I didn't mean chicken from some random truck, I meant fashion shop lol

everything's so damn expensive