Damir Doma F/W 08.09

mr fluffernutter

Like this quite a bit.

That leather looks amazing. Also a varsity jacket?

Much prefer the fit of the trousers in this collection to, say, N(N)'s fw 08.

Not familiar with this designer at all - more info anyone would to share?

kebsx3.jpg

Damir was borin in Croatia in 1981 and grew up in Germay. He studied fashion design in Munich and Berlin and graduated in 2004 with magna cum laude for best collection.

The young designer went to Antwerp where he assisted Raf Simons and Dirk Schoenberger. Particularly Raf Simons broaded Damir's conception of fashion and arts and helped him to create his own definite idea of aesthetics. At that time he rooted his creativity in arts and nature.

In 2006 Damir Doma launched his own label based in Antwerp. Damir now focuses all of his energy to conceive a style that reflects his universe, mood and state of mind: romantic, poetic, sensitive and melancholic.

In June 2007 Damir Doma presented his collection, Spring/Summer 2008, for the first time during Paris Fashion Week. He showed a subtle and captive aesthetic for his debut, which brought him much attention..

Concentrating on the choice of materials and the fluidity of the silhouette Damir created a highly sensitive as well as poetic, contemporary line of clothes. The choice and combination of light fabrics created structured outfits and a complex look. Mainly using black and white colours Damir Doma express lightness through the materials. Damir is building up his collections on emotions and feelings, which distinguish a unique, sensitive and melancholic style. Inspired by nature and artists such as Gottfried Helnwein, Joseph Beuys and Gerhard Richter Damir tries to transform the strong impressions into a contemporary menswear collection.

Check out his collections here:

http://www.damirdoma.com/home.html

i was just talking about him with suckdick the other day. they carry him at seven now. it's really expensive especially for a designer as new as he is, but also really nice. i like a bunch of the pieces from this show. for the most part i don't find it very innovative, by which i mean there's not really anything particularly new about the look he is going for here, but it definitely has a lot of super cool and very wearable pieces. i'd like to pick up a few of these pieces and a few of the things that are out now but it might be a bit too expensive for me. i especially like that leather jacket with the curved asymmetrical zip. i'd say he's one to watch in the future

this is really really amazing . . . wish i had the silhouette to pull off stuff like this, but completely unwearable for me ...

1zwozvc.jpg

probably the standout fit for me , although i'd like to see a lot more detail/movement. . . the only thing i found odd was that the models all seemed to have really really red eyes, as though they were cutting onions backstage or something (i know this sounds retarded, but it really struck me as odd how they all looked like they'd been weeping)

• 2 weeks later...