Cloverfield

docnbhd

guess its time to remake another Asian movie....waiting for an American director's take on Battle Royale or Old Boy.....you know its coming.........

It'll definitely happen. "The Condemned" was based upon Battle Royale I heard, but the movie apparently sucked so bad I didn't even know that it was in theaters awhile ago. The recent movie "One Missed Call" is another remake of an Asian flick. The original Asian counterpart was pretty freaky whereas the Hollywood version had abysmal reviews.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The recent movie "One Missed Call" is another remake of an Asian flick. The original Asian counterpart was pretty freaky whereas the Hollywood version had abysmal reviews.

i can't wait for the sequels to this

-texterminated

-IM going to kill you

-the facebook of the dead

Movie had serious potential... But as soon as I saw it was the damn guy from carpoolers who didn't wear any pants the whole first 5 episodes I was like what the fuck...

Movie came & went... Just would have loved some secondary news/documentary clip about either aftermath, conclusion, etc... Way too open-ending... It was cool tho, but the part about them jumping buildings was the most wtf moment in film ever... since when was the top of a slyscrapper the size of two wrestlign mats, and how the hell did that bitch not bleed to death?

i enjoyed the film.. you'd hardly consider it a movie though. it's as if someone found a home videotape on the street.. and just put it on the bigscreen. there's no real introduction and resolve in the film. the monster also served more as a backdrop to the story of rob saving beth. it's definitely not what i expected from cloverfield, but it was enjoyable.

i think we all wanted to know more about the monster.. but i guess that's what sequels are for.

guess its time to remake another Asian movie....waiting for an American director's take on Battle Royale or Old Boy.....you know its coming.........

There already is an Oldboy remake in the making, last time I heard. Anyways, saw the movie today. It was pretty good. Shit made me kind of nauseous, and I can't understand how any of those guys would be friends with Hud's fat ass.

Old Boy remake was deaded thank God.

For the record, Hudson, aka J.R. Miller, is the same as he is in real life... hilarious 'bro' comedian... it made my day to have him pseudo narrate the movie.

There already is an Oldboy remake in the making, last time I heard. Anyways, saw the movie today. It was pretty good. Shit made me kind of nauseous, and I can't understand how any of those guys would be friends with Hud's fat ass.

He was probably the coolest character...he had plenty of quotables in the movie.

Thanks for fixing it. I have a slightly increased respect for you. Spoilers are a huge pet peeve of mine. I've seen the film but it would be pretty aggravating for someone who hasn't.

What is there to spoiler? If you've seen the trailer and you can deduce what happens in the rest of the movie once you see the first 30 seconds of the actual film. If you can't, you might be retarded. It has the most obvious paint-by-numbers plotline I've ever seen, assuming "nothing interesting happens" counts as a plot.

I spent most of my time nearly falling asleep and the rest laughing.

What is there to spoiler? If you've seen the trailer and you can deduce what happens in the rest of the movie once you see the first 30 seconds of the actual film. If you can't, you might be retarded. It has the most obvious paint-by-numbers plotline I've ever seen, assuming "nothing interesting happens" counts as a plot.

agreed, i only had to watch a few trailers to figure out it was a blair witch meets godzilla movie and decided it was really not worth my time/money, not to mention its piggy-backing on transformers and i am legend