Abercrombie, also, Fitch.

Halifamous

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always hated this brand with a passion, every time I see someone wearing the clothes they look terribly dressed. Especially the ripped and bleached jeans. And university kids think they're the shit when they get a low paying job there.

Last Christmas my cousin bought me an A&F thermal, I was so pissed. It's been on the bottom of my closet for a year. This year she got me a Marc Ecko hoodie which will also end up at the bottom of my closet, because she didn't provide a receipt.

the easiest way to get these nightmares to stop is to punch her in the pussy.

i actually have an abercrombie and fitch flannel... and i like it alot. i think its old tho, since its:

1. slim fitting

2. quality

3. made in "the british colony of hong kong"

I have to say "early" A&F, in the 80s when i first was it, the brand was pretty nice. More of a preppy, classic Polo steez. It had more of an "old boys club" feel with deer heads on the wall and "chandeliers" made of antlers. They made really nice sweaters and corduroy pants.

Even before that they were a supplier of outdoor gear. they made some pretty quality knives back in the day.

Then they got mallified when the limited bought them in the late 80s and the catalog in the 90's was the end for them. pretty sad as it once was a pretty quality brand.

edit: and after reading that article, it looks like the brand crapping out had some thing to do with that new CEO stepping in

I have to say "early" A&F, like late 80s early 90s was really nice. More of a preppy, classic Polo steez. It had more of an "old boys club" feel with deer heads on the wall and "chandeliers" made of antlers. They made really nice sweaters and corduroy pants. Then they got mallified and the catalog was the end for them. pretty sad as it once was a pretty quality brand.

edit: and after reading that article, it looks like the brand crapping out had some thing to do with that new CEO stepping in

yeah, the shirt i have seems like it could easily be a lo piece.

yeah, the shirt i have seems like it could easily be a lo piece.

yeah it was known as a quality outdoors brand, alot like early banana republic when they used to sell things out of a catalog. alot of explorers and famous outdoorsy people like teddy roosevelt and hemingway used to robokop that.

A&F was also know for selling hip flasks during prohibition.

sad that americas malls have bastardized a classic american brand. I guess it truly is an american brand now.

I'll admit that I have a few tees from there, but not the humor tees, the signature tees. I sorta can say that the while the tees are poor quality, they are screened very well. I must of worn them more than I can count and I must say that they still look like the day that I brought them. I also have a pair of jeans from them, it was right before they started to do everything must be destroyed and have an insane amount of rips and attempted repairs that make them look worse, I can say that since I brought them from the local my local Marshall's, they are still holding up after wearing them for years. Also, if anyone has a Ruhel No. 925 by them, check it out, supposedly they sell old books, but I didn't see anything like that it the one by me.

i guess the reason why this brand bothers me so much is that it is given such a high status by those who dont know better. The customers, staff, and store in general have this air of pretentiousness that really shouldnt exist for a store thats probably next to foot locker..

that and the fact that it is just a overbranded rehash of RL polo

i guess the reason why this brand bothers me so much is that it is given such a high status by those who dont know better. The customers, staff, and store in general have this air of pretentiousness that really shouldnt exist for a store thats probably next to foot locker..

that and the fact that it is just a overbranded rehash of RL polo

sounds like tommy hilfiger in the 90s to me

sufu is getting to be like hypebeast when there's an a&f thread and it starts off with some ok hating and then you get into the usual "shit is wack", "i would never it.. but they have some good shit", "they used to be cool back in 1916, i miss the good ol days", and then the people like me going "stfu!11"

but seirously, someone fucking shut this thread down

they are just another hype mall brand at the moment, i just don't like their marketing and how they treat their employees. read a post that they wouldn't put a fat girl at front because of her appearance, i hate shit like that.

Details plz.
quick google search turns this up:

Dov Charney is an ass: a civil trial begins in Los Angeles tomorrow between former employee Mary Nelson, an American Apparel sales manager, and the clothing company founder. The specific claim? Charney had a meeting with her wearing only a sock over his crotch, and fired her when she said she would be talking to a lawyer.

has there ever been a black person in any of A&F's ads or do they just not even try

There's been multiple black girls in the ads and in fact, if you look at the fresh faces you see that there is a male and female model kissing on the site.

http://www.abercrombie.com/anf/lifestyles/html/newfaces.html

There's the link for those of who want to see for yourself. Be warned you might happen to clock around for a few minutes to see them.h

They were supposed to transform Ruehl into a dressier brand with ties, cardigans, blazers, etc. to give a J. Crew meets A&F look but it never seemed to happen. I am pretty sure Bruce Weber shot a book for Ruehl but it sold out fairly quickly. Every once in awhile, one shows up on eBay.

As far as buying the old books, if you go in the front room where they keep the stacks of jeans and those rolling ladders, you are supposed to be able to buy any of the books on the shelf. I think there are some in a few of the front rooms actually, and while I've never looked at one, I was told they all have price tags on the inside. You can also buy CD's, magazines and newspapers up by the register (for what reason, I'm not too sure).