Interview! Dopefiend x SlamxHype x The Brilliance x A Silent Flute x Hypebeast x MSN!

illfingers

Not as good as I thought it would be. Am I the only one annoyed at "The Brilliance!!?!?!". I just can't stand reading that site. Even the most benial topics are published as !?!?!Hype!??!!?!? Actually, I've sort of stopped reading those hype sites. It seems like "find the newest pop cultural phenomena/brand/trend" idea has gotten pretty saturated to the point that even these sites have a hard time finding diamonds in the rough. I mean is a new BAPEsta colorway posting really that awesome? I prefer to getting out of the element/going out in the city/going to a museum/art gallery/reading a book as a better means of finding inspiration. The only English sites worth going are still beinghunted and this board.

None of those sites know what's up with art, graff, or underground art culture. For dopefiend to even hint that they do is pretty garbage.

The only site even worth visiting on a daily is ASF, and that's only because he posts what he likes and not a bunch of bullshit... Plus he's funny. Plus he likes house, and that's just next-level retarded. love it.

The Bliss kills it.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Most of those guys probably check Superfuture every now and then.

ASF is the best because you get some editorializing along with new posts, not just pics of new stuff to buy. SlamxHype and Hypebeast are very similar. I still check most of those blogs regularly. Just for the hell of it.

Quote:

a silent flute is cool except for the fact that they stole the mcgurr script font for their site

--- Original message by locash on Aug 30, 2005 12:39 PM

McGurr script is a freely distributed font, not to mention whack. At one point it was on ASF, but that was way way back, and in a very minor way from what I remember... any "McGurr-ish" fonts on ASF are, from what I hear, straight from the man himself...

<center>All Served with White Rice and Choice of (1) Shrimp Toast, or (1) Spare Rib, or (2) Crabmeat Wonton, or (1) Egg Roll or (1) Soup </center>

Quote:

Most of those guys probably check Superfuture every now and then.

ASF is the best because you get some editorializing along with new posts, not just pics of new stuff to buy. SlamxHype and Hypebeast are very similar. I still check most of those blogs regularly. Just for the hell of it.

--- Original message by neawts on Aug 30, 2005 03:09 PM

asf is also the best because he's too self aware to get too caught up in the 'holy shit check out this new shit that i'm awesome and know about before anyone else!'

the one dude from the brilliance mentioned flip-flops twice, and that is 3 times too many.

Quote: None of those sites know what's up with art, graff, or underground art culture. For dopefiend to even hint that they do is pretty garbage.

Ah, it's so easy to hate. Tragic, not to start anything up really, but do you even know who Chuck Anderson is? Have you heard of Semi Permanent? The other sites have featured stuff on Futura, Fatsarrazzi, Adam Weissman, A-ron, 13th Witness...yea, i guess those guys are pretty lame.

And regarding my site, we've done features on Mr. Cartoon, Derrick Hodgson, Dalek, David Choe, Neckface, Margaret Kilgallen, Mike Giant. These artists are garbage?

Not to mention of the art related news we cover, half of them you have posted yourself.

so I guess you shot yourself in the foot there. So, so underground.

Dopefiend. Your Style Joint.

www.dopefiend.ca

yea i mentioned flip flops or sandals a few times, so what? sorry man, i know i'm not rockin all nike all the time. it gets hot here in chicago in the summer, i work completely on my own, and dont feel like having sweatyass feet in socks and shoes when i go outside in the 90 degree weather.

that alright with you?

when it starts cooling off around here i'll be wearing my vans slipons all the time, or my clarks...but if your biggest concern is what i have on my feet.....check on that...

http://www.nopattern.com

Edited by nopattern on Aug 30, 2005 at 09:22 PM

Quote:

yea i mentioned flip flops or sandals a few times, so what? sorry man, i know i'm not rockin all nike all the time. it gets hot here in chicago in the summer, i work completely on my own, and dont feel like having sweatyass feet in socks and shoes when i go outside in the 90 degree weather.

that alright with you?

when it starts cooling off around here i'll be wearing my vans slipons all the time, or my clarks...but if your biggest concern is what i have on my feet.....check on that...

--- Original message by nopattern on Aug 30, 2005 09:20 PM

oh, don't be such a baby.

defending yourself is mad played.

whew, i'm happy that didn't turn into a flame war!!@!!

anyway, in all honesty i was just poking a li'l fun at the expense of your footwear. this is the problem with the internet, i should be able to make fun of something i read in an online interview and not have to actually have the person in question respond.

it's not what's on your feet that matters, it's what's in your heart. that's all jesus cares about.

i guess.

Slam is still a tad bit suspect to me...I heard that he frauded a couple people a few months back + he was like the only guy that didn't post his last name in that interview...Adam was the name of that conner. Well enough of my conspraicy theories! All these blogs are pretty cool and hey, let's face it, you can only go looking for "underground" stuff so far or you might feature artists that are completely no talent.

And yes, ASF is the best of blogs and slam's interface is awesome.

Quote:

man...this kills me right here

"this is the problem with the internet, i should be able to make fun of something i read in an online interview and not have to actually have the person in question respond."

joking...right?

--- Original message by nopattern on Aug 30, 2005 10:10 PM

yah, i'm just tryin to save face.

AU JUS ANYONE?

I LIKE RTHQ PRETTY CHILLED OUT, POSTS WHATEVER HE COMES ACROSS, OFTEN ENOUGH..

NOT TOO USELESS (COLORWAYS, RELEASE LINE PICS, PHARRELL INTERVIEWS, ETC..)

NOT A TOTAL GROUPIE (WHAT FUTURA ATE FOR BREAKFAST, WHAT COLOR SOCKS HE WEARS) (NO DISS)

WLL ROUNDED.

2 CENTS IN THE CUP..

HOPE YOU GET IT LATER...

If it's not for you, leave it alone, pretty simple. There's 1587328 new blogs poppin' up daily, I'm sure you'll find one you can relate with. If you can't and you're actually that much better than everyone else... you could always start your own perfect blog, so everyone can tear it apart. Or of course you could just live your life.

There's too much hate. Much respect to everyone out there doing their thing.

Quote: so sick of hearing about everything beforehand.

nothing is surprising anymore.

hypebeast is horrible. who cares about lmac and the latest lame bape colors.

slam is much better

no worse than seeing you re-post old info from these very same sites.

use your head for something other than putting your baseball hat on sideways.