Torrent Clients

chrisj

There are guides to get uTorrent to work on a Mac OSX. Ex:http://torrentfreak.com/how-to-run-utorrent-in-osx/

uTorrent is hella simple... Normally I'm happy with a lot of the options from other BT clients (used ABC, Azureus, etc before). uTorrent probably uses the least amount of resources for a torrent client and does the job done, if that's what you're looking for.

I use utorrent.. it's awesome for the reasons mentioned above...

anybody here have an invite to bitmetv? or other cool trackers? I can trade you invites to supertorrents.org. it's an awesome site (some of the more popular torrents can reach 2mb/s) so I need something equally as awesome in exchange

the only problem with huge, open public trackers is there's no quality control and no incentive for people to keep seeding after a while

true say. get invites to private trackers if you can.

but back on topic... i use azureus for mac and pc and i think its great. the only other ones ive tried on mac are transmission and tomato torrent.

Transmission is so fucking easy. It's the best for OS X.

ive been using transmission.. but im getting some major uploading problems with a certain private tracker, what.cd .. it worked fine on other private/public trakcers like demonoid/piratebay and shit..

so i figured it cld be relating to either my isp (comcast) or my torrent program

Transmission is so fucking easy. It's the best for OS X.

the problem with Transmission is that there isnt any support for encryption hence dramatically slower transfer speeds when compared to utorrent and azuerus on isps that throttle unecrypted p2p traffic.

I wish they finish porting utorrent over to os x.

ive been using transmission.. but im getting some major uploading problems with a certain private tracker, what.cd .. it worked fine on other private/public trakcers like demonoid/piratebay and shit..

so i figured it cld be relating to either my isp (comcast) or my torrent program

comcast is famous for throttling torrent uploading.