Jalapeno Appreciation Thread

mrip

Guest sousvide

Tonight I had the best taste of jalepeno in my life, the restaurant i work at, the amuse bouche tonight was, cured pork loin, creme fraiche, and a thin slice of jalepeno. I can't even describe how good it tasted.

chili cheese fries with jalapenos, hot cheeto puffs (asking for an ), carl's jr.'s jalapeno cheeseburger or whatever it's called, spinach & mozzarella ravioli with meat sauce and this special sauteed red pepper + garlic stuff my mom's friend makes.

other: i second the philly cheesesteak and quizno's pepper bar. amen to pepperonchinis and banana peppers, even though i didn't know what the difference was for a while. not as spicy but still good.

has anyone tried the extra hot hot cheetos? i'd imagine they'd just taste like your tastebuds screaming, which doesn't even make sense.

Those extra hot cheetos are just like the old flaming hot cheetos.

They changed the way the regular flaming hot cheetos taste.

They have more of a funionish taste to them.

The ones with lime are pretty good too.

No the ones with the purple package, the LIMON ones.

Those extra hot cheetos are just like the old flaming hot cheetos.

They changed the way the regular flaming hot cheetos taste.

They have more of a funionish taste to them.

The ones with lime are pretty good too.

No the ones with the purple package, the LIMON ones.

your opinion is wrong. the limon ones suck

I've had the Carl's Jr. jalapeno burger once and it wasn't all that good. Either the peppers they used were bad (dried out? too wet? diluted with burger? I don't know how a pepper can go bad) or it just didn't go together well at all. It wasn't all that good I was expecting to sweat like a fireman and take the cokes from my colleagues.

I'm always embarrassed to eat this kinda stuff around my Asian friends, but sashimi (some sort of tuna preferably)+cilantro+jalapeno is such a good combination.

Ever since childhood, ever since childhood a hate-filled spot of my heart was reserved for cilantro.

at the dining halls they sometimes have jalapeno cornbread, thats pretty tasty. and at subway you should order your sub with jalapeno bread.

GiZMO, i didnt know you could get jalapenos at in-n-out. im gonna try that, thanks for the tip

There is a ridiculous amount of stuff they serve at in-n-out that no one knows about.

I think they are on the online menu or their wiki. Wow @ Bible references??

EDIT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-N-Out_Burger_menu_items

I hated the limon ones at first, but then I got used to them. They are really good with burritos.

I had same experience. First time I tried them was a stale, month old open bag of limon ones but they quickly grew on me. I can only eat them chewy and with something else.

Instead of reviving the spicy shit thread, mrip you have ridiculous ethnic cuisine that utilize jalapeno or just spicy delicious?