australian designers

dumadiscount

who are you fave aussie designers and any new up and coming ones people should know about?

my faves:

ksubi - jeans are hot garbage, but like they're direction they went with their last show… keeping doing that!

material boy - always something new each season

mjolk - love the shirts and blazers

lover - fave aussie girls label, sh1t is lux

newbies:

romance was born - been around for a while actually, but doesn't seem to be in wide distribution

friedrich gray - dark themes, just won the soya fashion designer of the year

lol @ some of the aforementioned labels

my votes go to claude maus & beat poet

http://www.claudemaus.com/

http://www.beatpoet.net/

nothing revolutionary, but nice clean cuts with interesting details

honourable mentions to mjolk (preppy look) and material boy (always interesting, if nothing else).. oh and some of the chronicles of never stuff is decent too.

props to hem & haw for putting out some very wearable and stylish pieces at an affordable pricepoint, even if the quality/finish leaves a little to be desired.

lets keep another boy, thousand reasons, pam and schwipe well away from this thread.

I never owned any but I remember a long time ago seeing some Tina Borg pieces in a shop in Perth and liking them a lot.

I think she was a fresh graduate or something maybe back then,so her style would have changed, but anyone know does she still produce her own collections or has she been sublimated into a larger design house? Her website hasn't changed in time and a half.

only got a few jacket pics on hand at the moment. The range i just developed was for college and the show is next week. I am hoping to do a shoot before then so I will post those pics or just pics from the show - whatever happens first.

ps. looking forward to seeing this, homme.homme.

I love the lookbooks by Marvin Scott Jarrett for Chronicles of Never, but I haven't had the chance yet to see/feel/wear the clothes yet. Does anybody know which qualities/fabrics they use? But then again, I guess their full clothing range will not be delivered until SS08.

PM me if you'd like to see the lookbooks.

eye am eye does some cool shit, chronicles of never does as well.

and for the NZ crowd stolen girlfriends club has some cool pieces as well.

you mean who am eye.

they do gud stuff.

hem & haw is fantastic, espesh at the pricepoint they put out.

mat boy is awsm (stil gotta cop the shoes n the balloon tee..), bt latest season (imo) not as gud as others.

mjolk is overpriced

illionaire has my love, but its hard to find stockists..

also @homme.homme, i be luking forward to see your stuff : )

btw, if u guy havnt seen, parc diamond have some nice designs too.. (in melb, boutique is right next to bobbys cuts)

any experience with suits on those aforementioned labels?

was about to try on hem & haw suits, but didnt end up doing it

are they relatively slim?? what about mjolk suits??

haven't tried on hem & haws suits from this season, but they did look relatively nice on the hanger. i assume they fit on the slimmer side. the design wasn't too radical (which I think is a good thing for suits). made in new zealand and from 100% wool (from memory) - so there are two attributes that put it above and beyond many other suits in the price-bracket.

mjolk suits. nice cuts, nice materials, quality of construction is sub-par and the price is accordingly over the top (think $1000+).

haven't tried on hem & haws suits from this season, but they did look relatively nice on the hanger. i assume they fit on the slimmer side. the design wasn't too radical (which I think is a good thing for suits). made in new zealand and from 100% wool (from memory) - so there are two attributes that put it above and beyond many other suits in the price-bracket.

mjolk suits. nice cuts, nice materials, quality of construction is sub-par and the price is accordingly over the top (think $1000+).

i have a hem and haw jacket, very sleak and understated, it's fitted and relitivly slim.

Tryed on some of the Mjolk horse hair jackets earlyer this year, they were about £300, but they did go up to about £600 i think. their Cardigans are also awesome.

Right now definatly Mjolk, material boy/ another boy and hem and haw.

hem and haw is a kind of sister brand to Mjolk, they share designers...also heard they used to design for Nudie.

loosing love for Tsubi or ksubi...whatever they're calling themselves now.

Is hem and haw owned by the guys from bobby's cuts off flinders lane? I think that's correct? I was chatting to him one day and I recall him saying it was his own label. the guy there used to manage the nudie store in little collins...

Is hem and haw owned by the guys from bobby's cuts off flinders lane? I think that's correct? I was chatting to him one day and I recall him saying it was his own label. the guy there used to manage the nudie store in little collins...

Yea i think so, Frederik and Thom, i know one of the guys used to design for Mjolk and the other managed Nudie. the whole idea was meant to be Mjolk Attention to detail, Cheap Monday price point.

I think it has potentual to become a real household brand.

bet i know why you love their look book. lol

looking forward to this brand landing in europe this feb.

Lol...well, no, it's not just that. But I'll gladly admit that the model in the S08 lookbook looks fiiiine! If she played her cards right, she'd might have a chance with me. At least on a Tuesday or Wednesday with little much on tv.

Lol...well, no, it's not just that. But I'll gladly admit that the model in the S08 lookbook looks fiiiine! If she played her cards right, she'd might have a chance with me. At least on a Tuesday or Wednesday with little much on tv.

haha, if she sorted her self out she'd have a chance.

Have you seen this look book from them, (most recent)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ikonoskias/10101/CON_AW0809_LOOK%20BOOK.pdf