surplus vs. fashion

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

Guest dontcaretoomuchforcrap

military stuff is so cheap in shops. then you take a brand like wtaps or mhi or recon and they take the same stuff and sell it for $100+

before i get ahead of myself, is there any real difference between wtaps bdu's and the regular?

so many here:

http://search.ebay.com/bdu-pants_W0QQcatrefZC5QQfclZ3QQfromZR7QQfrppZ200QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacatZQ2d1QQssPageNameZWLRS

Well, the stuff from fashion brands will have a better cut. Some of the details might tone down the look just enough so people know you aren't out huntin' fer real.

Wtaps stays the closest to the original military look. Many other brands try to make the camo 'urban' or something. The military surplus stuff I've tried on is not very flattering since it's made for maximum mobility and for so many different body types.

But it sure is cheap.

Two winters ago this made me laugh really hard. I saw all these people walking around with snorkle jackets from Brooklyn Industries that were the exact same jacket from Army Surplus only with a little patch sewn on. Apparently from the double price they were selling them for that patch cost just as much as the jacket.