Gourmet, Not For Nothing... Thoughts...

baskew

So, I've been following this brand a little off and on now for a while... Mainly because I saw this awesome ass shirt of a octopus mouth...Anyways... yada yada could never find there stuff anywhere started becoming one of those SVSV magical brands... However it looks like they've released some footwear... Just curious as what other people thought of the shoes... Can't really understand why someone who has the money to go as far as creating footwear wouldn't try to be original... Granted the j vi & x are one of the better more recognizable shoes out there... and would definitely get pseudo sneaker heads into the brand just based on the obvious similarities... I don't know, i'm just babling now... Anyways... let's proceed...

8a3wpb8.jpg

relevant links;

http://www.gourmetinyourface.com/

http://www.gourmetinyourface.com/blog/

http://www.cmonwealth.com/item.php?id=2364

http://www.cmonwealth.com/item.php?id=2363

The footwear is quite nice, however the "jordan-inspired" stuff will only last for 1/2 seasons before they cut it off and do their own thing. It's essentially a slimmer cut of what many people we consider a pretty cool looking sneaker which works better with more fitted clothing.

i saw these at union. i liked them actually, but i didnt bother since, well, they're sold at union.

i saw dem jawns at union yesterday.

the quality seems on par with vans

but

they were like 210

frute swagz

This reminds me of the story of Mary Ping. While this is not the only thing she's designed, she's become notorious for imitating famous luxury handbags (Fendi Spy, Hermés Birkin, etc. etc.) in white canvas. Only she sold her's for waaaay less than the originals cost. That was the damn point! So not only are these guys biting on biting, they're also charging raep prices.

(edit: if they ever go on sale, or if i ever find myself with a surplus of $$, ROBOCOPPED)

We actually have the shoes in at my store. They are quite nice, and look great with slimmer jeans. Think mid top keds on the foot. I am more excited for the apparel for spring which is silk jackets, fleece pants, fleece tops, and tees.

We actually have the shoes in at my store. They are quite nice, and look great with slimmer jeans. Think mid top keds on the foot. I am more excited for the apparel for spring which is silk jackets, fleece pants, fleece tops, and tees.

cw said they run a half size smaller. is this true?

i can't tell fromt he pic, but how is the tag stitched onto the tongue? single? chain?

i might buy them from you if the tag removal isn't too much of a hassle and if you give me a small discount cause i got mad rep and i joined in 04.

thank you.

cw said they run a half size smaller. is this true?

i can't tell fromt he pic, but how is the tag stitched onto the tongue? single? chain?

i might buy them from you if the tag removal isn't too much of a hassle and if you give me a small discount cause i got mad rep and i joined in 04.

thank you.

I am a 12 in almost everything Adidas and I got a 12 in the black. I think they fit pretty true. The tag on the tongue could be removed very easily. PM me for pricing and such.

i would wear those shoes if someone gave them to me.. *hint *hint

i think they look kinda cool.

but yeah im not really into the whole bald headed italian american way of uppercrusteded streetwear.

• 3 months later...
RTEmagicC_gourmet_fw08.jpg.jpg

new colorways look interesting. probably the greatest appeal.

Oh, so I finally got a pair of these, and I don't like how the fit at all... They are nice and everything, the shape... but really narrow... plus the tag on both my shoes aren't centered just randomly placed.... sort of crappy quality control...

Guest jmatsu
Oh, so I finally got a pair of these, and I don't like how the fit at all... They are nice and everything, the shape... but really narrow... plus the tag on both my shoes aren't centered just randomly placed.... sort of crappy quality control...

i haven't even tried them on, and i planned on taking the tags off. what size did you get? were they more narrow then say cons? thanx.

i haven't even tried them on, and i planned on taking the tags off. what size did you get? were they more narrow then say cons? thanx.

8.5, Not as narrow as cons, or at least with cons they'll stretch out....

tags seem easy to take off, but the booty might show the wholes from it....