Tony Hawk Is A Dweeby Dad

Guest Airjamie

Guest Airjamie

Lets face it. Fuck tony hawk, fuck him, fuck his gayass helmet, fuck the 7-year olds that ask him to sign their hairless nuts, fuck his ugly shirts-decks-trucks-shoes-wheels-face.

Lets face it. Fuck tony hawk, fuck him, fuck his gayass helmet, fuck the 7-year olds that ask him to sign their hairless nuts, fuck his ugly shirts-decks-trucks-shoes-wheels-face.

oooooooooooooooooooooo... you know how to get me excited.

i hate him and his robot style. he can do any trick and make it look boring.

mullen is the father of street skating so he deserves some goddamn respect. he's not overexposed like tony so i don't think it's really fair to give him shit for being dweeby. after all, like artificialsky said back in the day skaters were not at all the cool kids. without mullen skateboarding would be nowhere near where it is righ now. he invented the fucking flatground ollie afterall as well as most flip tricks. he also invented the modern board shape that everyone now rides. way ahead of his time. gonz and natas also invented a lot of modern street skating. i believe they were the first two to ever skate handrails. i don't think tony deserves the same respect at all for some very obvious reasons: one, in all reality he was not all that important to the history of skateboarding. he wasn't an innovator anywhere near the level of someone like mullen. two he's the biggest fucking sell out next to andy mac. personally i don't care if skateboarders are dweeby and i don't think you should have to be a badass to be a cool skateboarder. i think that's stupid attitude lingering from the early ninties when companies like world and blind were rebelling against the big corporate side of skateboarding lead by powell perlata. as ddml said old mullen was more nerdy than the current versin but thanks to the influence of plan b's mike ternasky mullen moved out of freestyle and into street. we can see this ttransition metaphorically when jeremy klein focuses rodney's old freestyle board in... i forget what video. Anyway, i could go on and on but this post is way too long. Conclusions: Hawk is lame. Danny Way could kick his ass in anything any day, he even almost did the 900 years before tony even came close. Two, I m a massive skate nerd. this is most definitely my longest sufu post ever.

Also minilogos suck.

worm:

mullen did the tricks in a freestyle context, but others did them in a street context before he did.

the vid is rubbish heap. its a world vid, not h-street. mike t and mulen didnt work together until plan b.

even so they probably would not have done those tricks on their own if mullen hadn't done them first. i guess i mixed up the timeline on the mike t thing. rubbish heap could be considered the beginning of that transition i suppose, but it wasn't really a reality until mike t came along (ie rodney tried to focus jeremy's board back but couldn't) personally i think mullen deserves a lot of respect purely for thinking of these tricks and actually doing them. no matter what the specific context. i'm not saying i really like his style or anything, just that he deserves respect. in this respect skateboarding doesn't really take care of it's own. we disregard many of the most important skateboarders as lame as soon as their style is no longer cool.

Ha - I went to santa monica high school with Natas and used to skate with him - that is until he became too well known and was always out of town at contests. ran into him recently - he's now the creative director at quicksilver.

also occasionally used to skate with gonz - he's from southgate (near watts) - dude always had the unorthodox and super creative steez. So much fucking style.

As for hawk - agree with both ddml and cheep - impossible to deny both the overexposure and robot-like efficiency. But he is undoubtedly a smart fucking businessman.

Paul Rodriguez is basically the street version of Tony Hawk but kids are on his nuts because he does nollie tre down stairsets instead of 900s on ramps, go fig.

Don't you guys know that skateboarding is over, anyways? Ryan Scheckler (along with all the other pubescent wunderkind skateboarders who's parents are "guiding" their careers) and fixed gear bikes killed it.