Sign in to follow this  
denimdestroyedmylife

water bottles.

suggestions?

preferably plastic, NOT made in china, clip-able (so that it isn't bouncing around inside my bag).

links, pics, anecdotes, words of warning, reviews

i was gonna buy a Bauer bottle from Target but it is made in China and i'm not trying to get date-raped.

so yeah

skool me

Nalgene bottle.

^ i really love the idea of filling a bota with wine and passing it around to all the passengers on the bus or train, but shit, that's The Sun Also Rises, innit?

^ i really love the idea of filling a bota with wine and passing it around to all the passengers on the bus or train, but shit, that's The Sun Also Rises, innit?

or...

The-Three-Amigos-Photograph-C10101975.jp

if you are riding on a burro with your compadres.

nalgene is shitty, they always end up tasting weird after a little while. errbody knows real waterbottle steez is all about SIGG

6jcxyec.jpg

(there are a ton of designs, and you can buy clips for them)

nalgene is shitty, they always end up tasting weird after a little while.

Agreed. And the polycarbonate hard plastic ones are rumored to break down and cause cancer.

ddml,

just in case you change your mind about wanting to get date-raped by the chinese, you could create a water bottle made entirely out of aqua dots:

529w.jpg

nalgene is shitty, they always end up tasting weird after a little while. errbody knows real waterbottle steez is all about SIGG

6jcxyec.jpg

(there are a ton of designs, and you can buy clips for them)

these are far and away better than nalgenes

ddml, you could also go old school military style:

canteen from 1854 used by the confederate army

canteen2.jpg

canteen from the napoleonic wars:

woodcanteen1.jpg

or just old school:

22189575.jpg

i think this was linked on boingboing gadgets or something a few months back... decent discussion and comparisons.

Sol Light LightCap

"Introducing the solar powered LightCap™, the water bottle with a light in the lid. The LightCap is not only an unbreakable one-litre water bottle, it’s also the coolest solar powered LED light you’ve ever used. The cap has a built-in waterproof solar panel, battery pack and powerful, long-lasting LED light. Fill it with your favorite drink and never worry about finding it in the dark again. Set it in the sun or hang it from a railing during the day and you’ll have light all night long!"

Taken from oki-ni

lc0001clrm4.jpglc0001clrm1.jpg

Actually, I just buy expensive bottled water and reuse the bottles. Because I'm cheap like that.

But whatever, my Voss bottle gets all the ladies.

I had heard that the compound they use to make Nalgenes has adverse effects to it (sterility or cancer or somesuch...)

anybody know if there's any truth to that or is that just some bull from a chain email my mom sent me?

also, this thread is surprisingly hilarious

I had heard that the compound they use to make Nalgenes has adverse effects to it (sterility or cancer or somesuch...)

anybody know if there's any truth to that or is that just some bull from a chain email my mom sent me?

also, this thread is surprisingly hilarious

that story went around a few months back. i'm not sure how much veracity it has. but in the cases where the chemicals leeched into the water, it was from heated sources. so don't leave your nalgene out in the sun all day in hot weather. don't toss it in the dish washer with hot water. don't microwave it... shit like that

ddml, you could also go old school military style:

canteen from 1854 used by the confederate army

canteen2.jpg

canteen from the napoleonic wars:

woodcanteen1.jpg

I would pull these two off no problem.

The second one would get a paint job though...

i'm really digging either the canteen steez or the bota steez.

it would go great with a leather wallet + lanyard + denim.

also thought about carrying around a flask...

flask.gif

after much consideration i think (classic) sigg is the way to go, with all the accoutrements (meaning the little jacket thingy with clip), just wondering if getting a black one would not be too contrary to the notion of refreshing oneself with life-giving stuffs