getting music from my ipod to my computer (please read)

the_state

as you might have read in my superconfessional post(http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=762809&postcount=12347), my apartment was recently burglarized.

these assholes took a whole bunch of shit, including my laptop, which held over 1000 pics and tons of music. the only thing of high value they didn't get was my ipod, which was safely stowed in my work bag.

i'm getting a new laptop when i return to the states (i'm in germany on business now), and i don't want to lose the music that's on my ipod (6000+ songs, about 200+ purchsed from itunes). is there a software that will allow me to transfer the music from my ipod to a new mac? my music is pretty much the only sentimental thing i have left, and i'd be devastated if i lost. internet junkies, please help me out!!!

thanks (and infinite +rep) in advance

-jason

• 2 weeks later...
Jeep - music rescue worked flawlessly.

is there a way to restore deleted songs/vids from the itunes store?

yeah its a good program. umm, i think since you've already bought that stuff off of itunes you should be able to just download it again? i dunno, never bought anything off of itunes.