hiphop subgenres

Guest DUM

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how come when the streets came out, they were calling him garage, and now hes been lumped into the grime scene. lady sov got lumped in to, and shes been trying very hard to disassociate herself with it. which im all for since shes horrid. northamerican music journalists must be way behind the curve on this shit. i want some UK heads to step and and school me on that shit.

If it will help you sleep tonight, ok..

Nerdcore can be any artist who raps about nerdy stuff, i.e. time space continium, scientific notations, mathematics, etc. Listen to Aesop's lyrics and tell me he's your average emcee.

I didn't read the rest of this thread so forgive me if I'm misunderstanding.

Your use of language does not define your genre. Aesop Rock has an unusual vocabulary and puts words together differently than your average top 10 radio rapper, but he's still talking about the same shit everyone else is. Personal issues, Drugs, and Women. Infact, he rails against the 'nerd rap' label in quite a few of his tracks.

Emo rapper? Yeah maybe.

Guest supernoob

yea dey nigga nerds. i h8 dem nigga nerds

tru story: 1 time @ a wendy'z sum wite guy workin there ni the bak saw my friend n say 2 his coworker "must b a nigga nerd" hahahah dat kid iz a mulattoe. iunno tht shit was mad funnie 2 me.

wuz ya friend wearin glazzez? cuz niggaz cant afferd no glazzes in da hood or wit no fazt fooood job. welfare aint cover dem shitz. niggaz must be nerdz, or stick-up nerdz. you cant wear glazzes in da hood. emo rapperz get gaffled for dey glazzez, yo. protek ya spektacles, nahmeeeen.

I dont think Streets has anything to do with grime. I guess some of his stuff has elements of garage, especially on the first album with the faster beats etc. but the two latter ones have a slightly more popular hiphop feeling to them. his music has always been hard to classify, I think techinally its just hiphop.

i never knew what garage was supposed to be, and then i caught on to grime late so i didnt know about that shit either. in retrospect, i dont think he can be categorized either. but its fun to watch URB try to place him so their readers can act like they know the deal.

Guest supernoob

nah he just half wite so i guess he ogt that "i'm lite skin enuff 2 b in a commercial that aint on BET" look goin on. nah man but the tng is dood who was talkin was wite. damn rednek niggaz thnk can do watevr dey want feelme???

ay yo i only listen 2 emo rap now. mc lars nigga he got tht song bout hot topic r sumthin

Guest supernoob
i never knew what garage was supposed to be, and then i caught on to grime late so i didnt know about that shit either. in retrospect, i dont think he can be categorized either. but its fun to watch URB try to place him so their readers can act like they know the deal.

ay yo

garage b like house...cept not. u talkin bout UK garage ritre??? cuz there New york garage n dat different. still comes frm haus tho.

no. emo rap is only 4 boyz. wite bitchez lyke dat soulja boi, seen. ima still drop N bombs. I r half wite, but my blak freind says i cool and he call me his nigga. and if one nigga call me his nigga, then i must be everybodyz nigga, cuz dont yall all kno eachotha? dat meens im lyke familia n shit, rite?