The Office

thatrealness

Let's hope after the writers' strike the episodes start to get better again, a la seasons 2 and 3.

The entire staff of the show just got laid off, and the show has officially been canned for the forseeable future. After next week there probably won't be any more office for the next few months at least :(

The entire staff of the show just got laid off, and the show has officially been canned for the forseeable future. After next week there probably won't be any more office for the next few months at least :(

That's highly disappointing...I wonder how long this strike is going to drag on.

• 2 weeks later...

Its over the writers not gettin enough money from DVD sales n stuff.

Fair enough cus some of the writing for this show is genius

Such as in Survivor Man, when Michael turns his trousers into shorts, a backpck and hat, then we cut back to the scene and he's duct taped them back into trousers :D

• 10 months later...

so i was searching for the office thread before i started a new one... good thing i saw this one.

i recently became obsessed due to my brother buying all the dvds except the first season. i love everything about this show and so glad all that writers strike event is over and they are back!!!!

so yeah just wanted to bump this thread.

was about to say the same thing. The only thing remotely funny was the ethical dance and maybe jim trying to bait dwight with battlestar talk.

the battlestar galatica luring was excellent, i thought.

one thing i've generally accepted is that the office will never be as good as it was in seasons 1+2, so every episode i see nowadays has pretty low expectations. tonight's episode only went below my low expectations in the sense that is was 30 minutes [read: 19 minutes without commercials] long. that's pretty cheap.

other then that, it wasn't great, but it wasn't bad.