Which get-up is better for a job interview?

To what extent would it be ok to wear brown shoes to an interview, versus black shoes?

Same vein, navy versus grey suit?

The sad truth is, whatever you wear, as long as it's within the bounds of normal smart business attire, no one will notice, and if they do, they are very unlikely to pay it much mind. It would be a stretch personally to remember anything more than the colour of the suit of any man I've interviewed (and only whether they were fit or not in the case of the women). Having said that, my boss recently confided that he was impressed by my umbrella when I came for interview (a rather nice number from James Smith & Sons with a curved wooden handle). I had been for about 15 interviews before that though, with exactly the same umbrella.

Guest supernoob

thats not what they think in the yes/no thread.

but i agree w/ u.

i dont understand the h8 on patterns tho.. maybe cuz imma classless negro.

it firms dont give a fuck what yo uwear. u could sohw up lookin GUTTER like extra grimy and no one would say anything if ur resume chekd...

nobody is saying to show up looking like a slouch, but especially if you work in a creative field, people want you to show up to an interview in clothes that reflect your personality. All of these rules that say wear brown or black shoes and a suit...blah blah blah is nonsense