Sign in to follow this  
jeepster

Chukka Boots

can anyone recommend me some chukka boots styled shoes?

Get Smart's Alden boots are amazing, and I like the Clarks, but I wanna keep my options open, so gimme some names/pics of good, and relatively inexpensive boots. this is for anyone interested as well, so feel free to discuss.

go.

oh yeah.. forgot to mention, they should probably size up beyond 14... cause im a 14 haha

those macallisters are very nice, but largest size is 13M, and i'm already a 14EEEE, so i usually have to get 14M as a standard and hope they stretch out.

Are you bigfoot?

yes.

bigfoot.jpg

my dad's got a nice pair from brooks, but they're a little old looking, too classic cut w/ square toe for me

recommendations?

sole is a little big on the first one. redwings are nice though. wish i could speak/read japanese though.

Vans makes a great suede chukka

images.jpg

or at least they used to before manufacturing moved.

Zig zag makes cool canvas ones:

images-1.jpg

Redwing and Clarks(Ireland) still make my favs.

I think Clarks might be your only option. Alden's, Red Wings and Common Projects don't go to a 14. You might catch a deal on some Opening Ceremony. Earlier this season I was looking for a particular pair of OC's, contacted almost every shop in the US and EU and while I didn't find a 45, I'm pretty sure that I found a 48 or 49.

That being said, I'm sure you've heard of all the pitfalls of OC, but since the size is so huge you could probably get a sale price, otherwise I would go with Clarks.

not a fan of Alife shoes, but thought their chukka's looked pretty nice, more of a sneaker chukka like vans.

liking the brown and grey (minus the blue sole) but wish they had a black sole of the black ones.

alife-fall-2009-chukka-1.jpg

not a fan of Alife shoes, but thought their chukka's looked pretty nice, more of a sneaker chukka like vans.

liking the brown and grey (minus the blue sole) but wish they had a black sole of the black ones.

alife-fall-2009-chukka-1.jpg

how was that rock you've been living under for the past couple years?

so in y'alls opinion what is the most crazy ill dope chukka for under 300? Just copped that quoddy ankle boot and i need a clean looking chukka to complete that fall rotation

so in y'alls opinion what is the most crazy ill dope chukka for under 300? Just copped that quoddy ankle boot and i need a clean looking chukka to complete that fall rotation

the generic man has the only chukka sneaker I like, so slim. I'm still on the fence for a chukka boot.