Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

I sized down 2 from what I would normally wear which is a 30. But these "28s" were 32 raw which should have put them at 30 after 1 wash. I didn't soak them in very hot water and didn't dry them heavily so there is no reason they should have gotten any smaller than 30 and most likely were much closer to 31. Anyhow, I haven't been punishing them either so, I'm not really sure what to think.

I sized down 2 from what I would normally wear which is a 30. But these "28s" were 32 raw which should have put them at 30 after 1 wash. I didn't soak them in very hot water and didn't dry them heavily so there is no reason they should have gotten any smaller than 30 and most likely were much closer to 31. Anyhow, I haven't been punishing them either so, I'm not really sure what to think.

Hmm, that's weird. They looks super tight on you! The buttons are really stretched

Well, as far as tight jeans go, my APC's were a million times tighter than these and have had no problems with almost a year of wear. I buttoned the 660's fine the first time I put them on and while they are form fit I didn't feel the need to worry about ripping them. The blowout didn't happen from one incident, that i can remember. I just looked down today and saw it.

These blowouts seem to be happening to people that sized down quite a bit. I'm down 2 and it's not super slim, but I'm also not having any construction issues

i agree^^. i went true to size on mine as i do with all my denim and haven't had any blowout issues.

They seem to be weak in the crotch area...looks like there´s not enough denim "sewn" in...I will superglue and reinforce that whole area....

Might i ask exactly how your doing this - my apc's are wearing thin in the crotch already a tradegy of sizing down too much.

Well, as far as tight jeans go, my APC's were a million times tighter than these and have had no problems with almost a year of wear. I buttoned the 660's fine the first time I put them on and while they are form fit I didn't feel the need to worry about ripping them.

i don't think it is so simple to compare the construction of warehouse to APC. first, i would bet that APC doesn't obsessively use all cotton threads. second, i suspect that APC gears its jeans to be worn slim and tight. since they have this fit in mind they naturally make the crotch super strong. i doubt that warehouse intends for its jeans to be worn sufu tight (chatty it basically looks like your fly is open even when buttoned), so crotch reinforcement is probably less of a priority for them. i went true to size and, apparently like others who did the same, i have very minor construction problems if any.

i don't think it is so simple to compare the construction of warehouse to APC. first, i would bet that APC doesn't obsessively use all cotton threads. second, i suspect that APC gears its jeans to be worn slim and tight. since they have this fit in mind they naturally make the crotch super strong. i doubt that warehouse intends for its jeans to be worn sufu tight (chatty it basically looks like your fly is open even when buttoned), so crotch reinforcement is probably less of a priority for them. i went true to size and, apparently like others who did the same, i have very minor construction problems if any.

You cant compare the two, APC's have a felled inseam, it's completely different.

Went true to size too and agree with this statement.

You folks can make all the excuses you want. I've been wearing denim long enough to know that "delicate" and "jeans" shouldn't be in the same sentence. Anyhow, i didnt think that's what Warehouse was intending. I basically went true to size if you read my post. Could have gone one size more but anythinf beyond that would fall off me.

I think the fact is that Warehouse misjudged how people on this site would be wearing the jeans. The statement above me proves this completely. Puma believes he is wearing the jeans 'true to size' when actually they are 2 sizes lower than his normal size! When they designed this jean, they did not plan for it to be worn 2 sizes down. We all noticed when we saw the size chart that the most important element of sizing was the thigh measurements. This is playing out in all the construction problems.

I think anyone who ordered the jeans one size lower than they typically wear is thoroughly enjoying the fit, and experiencing very few construction issues. THose of us, myself included, who have sized down 2 or more sizes, based on the waist measurements we saw, are experiencing these problems. So i have needled and threaded in many, many stitches on the inseam of both the right and left leg to keep the seams together.

The quality of the denim and construction are great, we just were trying to manipulate the fit for what we wanted, as a tight jean, when it was meant to be loose.

This thread makes painfully obvious that even when japanese denim fails to perform people want to keep the myth of superior quality. You can justify anything you want to yourselves but if;

1) The jeans blowout within days of use, how can they be better quality?

2) Thread that is KNOWN to be break quickly is used, even though it would be easy to replace it with stronger material.

The post i quoted is basically justifying flaws as if they were virtues. So let me get this straight, APC uses stronger thread, they have a super strong crotch yet warehouse is superior? Ridiculous

From the jeans i have owned, i can conclude that japanese jeans usually have good denim, WEAK construction.

You folks can make all the excuses you want. I've been wearing denim long enough to know that "delicate" and "jeans" shouldn't be in the same sentence. Anyhow, i didnt think that's what Warehouse was intending. I basically went true to size if you read my post. Could have gone one size more but anythinf beyond that would fall off me.

You should be able to size down or up however you want. When designer raw denim got crotch blowouts a year ago, it was a HUGE sign of bad quality to SuFu. Now that jap denim is suffering the SAME fate, people are running to justify the bad performance.

How can SuFu justify the durability issues of jeans that are "MADE" to be worn hard or be durable?

What happened in the last year is this...

Most of the forum wore APC and nudie, and crotch blowouts were common because ALOT of people wore them HARD.

Few people wore Jap denim, so blowouts were rarely seen.

Now that jap denim is very common (in SufU) blowouts are happening at the same frequency as APC and nudie.

What does this tells us??????????????????????????

hmm, this is an interesting topic of discussion.

but if durability was the ONLY criteria for quality, and by durability you mean if they have crotch blowouts or not, why not wear stretchy jeans?

I think the fact is that Warehouse misjudged how people on this site would be wearing the jeans.

i find this statement pretty interesting too. how about looking at it the other way? have many of you researched and knew these were memphis cottons (not stretchy and giving like zimbabwe cottons, for example) and used cotton threads beforehand?

hmm, this is an interesting topic of discussion.

but if durability was the ONLY criteria for quality, and by durability you mean if they have crotch blowouts or not, why not wear stretchy jeans?

i find this statement pretty interesting too. how about looking at it the other way? have many of you researched and knew these were memphis cottons (not stretchy and giving like zimbabwe cottons, for example) and used cotton threads beforehand?

1) Nobody said that crotch blowouts were the only criteria for durability or that durability was the only criteria for quality. However, durability is a HUGE indicator of quality in jeans (as appose to cashmere socks, for example) and crotch blowout is a huge indicator of durability. Therefore, jeans that get a crotch blowout so soon are NOT durable, and jeans that are NOT durable are not quality.

So you are expecting people to research the type of cotton these use? The average person doesn't even know what selvage is and you expect a person who walks into BIG lookin for a nice pair of jeans to research the cotton used and draw some weird conclusions?

You can not justify workwear that does not do it's purpose so much, chicken.

1) Nobody said that crotch blowouts were the only criteria for durability or that durability was the only criteria for quality. However, durability is a HUGE indicator of quality in jeans (as appose to cashmere socks, for example) and crotch blowout is a huge indicator of durability. Therefore, jeans that get a crotch blowout so soon are NOT durable, and jeans that are NOT durable are not quality.

So you are expecting people to research the type of cotton these use? The average person doesn't even know what selvage is and you expect a person who walks into BIG lookin for a nice pair of jeans to research the cotton used and draw some weird conclusions?

You can not justify workwear that does not do it's purpose so much, chicken.

do you think the average person spends over $100 on jeans?

i think a lot of people here think superior in the sense of denim, not the overall picture. so in that sense, in just the denim, warehouse is superior.

platano, i would agree with some of your sentiments about durability IF they were being worn the way they were designed to be and weren't holding up. jeans weren't originally designed to be worn as tightly as, say, how they look in chattypuma's pics. especially since warehouse/dubbleworks aim more for vintage qualities and not trendy fits, i would think these weren't designed with superdownsizing in mind.

if these don't hold up for people who are wearing them more "normally" over few months, then i would agree with you about workwear that does not do its purpose.

but platano, i also couldn't stop noticing how you seem to be very bitter about this contest since around the time it became clear you weren't organizing it. if all these comments from you are more about personal vendetta than just objective view about these jeans, then i'm sure a lot of people won't appreciate it here.

do you think the average person spends over $100 on jeans?

i think a lot of people here think superior in the sense of denim, not the overall picture. so in that sense, in just the denim, warehouse is superior.

who ARE you?

I'll make this quick...

Your statement is bullshit.

Your assumption is wrong and makes SuFu seem stupid. Assuming your assumption is correct, your argument is a fallacy because even if people believed what you stated, it doesn't make it true.

platano, i would agree with some of your sentiments about durability IF they were being worn the way they were designed to be and weren't holding up. jeans weren't originally designed to be worn as tightly as, say, how they look in chattypuma's pics. especially since warehouse/dubbleworks aim more for vintage qualities and not trendy fits, i would think these weren't designed with superdownsizing in mind.

if these don't hold up for people who are wearing them more "normally" over few months, then i would agree with you about workwear that does not do its purpose.

but platano, i also couldn't stop noticing how you seem to be very bitter about this contest since around the time it became clear you weren't organizing it. if all these comments from you are more about personal vendetta than just objective view about these jeans, then i'm sure a lot of people won't appreciate it here.

Number 1

Jeans that are vintage inspired workwear should hold their own regardless of how tight they are been worn. People back in the day wore unsanforised levi's in the bath tub to get the tightest fit possible. These people include cowboys, who did not want excess material to get in their way. If their jeans would have broken within a month, jeans would not have the reputation for been durable workwear.

Number 2.

Remenber my thread on poly-cotton?

I have a problem with lame quality denim been sold as extreme quality workwear masterpieces and the illogical herd mentality of SuFu. Also, don't make it seem like I have a vendetta because i see flaws in the status quo. I'm more interested in quality then SuFu politics and

A) Even if i DID have a vendetta, my argument would still be true because arguments are true or false regardless of who says it.

B) I have no reason to be bitter..shit...I was even going to JOIN the contest (except I was working on other jeans).

I'm more of a comsumer advocate of sorts and planned absolescence bothers me.

Which reminds me, Before people justify their favorate denim companies faults please google "planned absolescence"

Have to say i fully agree with Chicken on the wear issues of these jeans. Squeezing yourself into clothing which is overly tight , when they are not made to be .Will eventually lead to seams giving out no matter what they are sewn with or how good the seamstress/tailor is. On the other matter i know nothing.

SUFU660 #172

Platano, you are wrong yet again.

If you wear any pants too tight, they will rip PERIOD

I suggest you take another look at archive pictures of miners wearing levis if you think they wore them 'as tight as possible'

Chicken hit the nail on the head.

What do you guys do in your jeans? A lot of skateboarding/bike riding? I sized down 3 (31>>>28) and so far nothing is coming loose. Worn pretty much daily since end of October.

It should be noted however that I've never had a crotch blowout on any pair of jeans ever so I probably aren't as tough on them as most of you.

Chattypuma holy shit your button fly looks ready to explode and put someone's eye out. It looks like you have a button fade on your crotch because it's so strained against the denim. Evidence of next lvl sufu fit?

who ARE you?

I'll make this quick...

Your statement is bullshit.

Your assumption is wrong and makes SuFu seem stupid. Assuming your assumption is correct, your argument is a fallacy because even if people believed what you stated, it doesn't make it true.

you were talking about the "average" person who walks into BIG and buys a pair of selvedge jeans. It doesn't happen to be that way. "average" people who buy jeans at BIG mostly know what they're getting, and why they're paying an enormous price on jeans.

Number 1

Jeans that are vintage inspired workwear should hold their own regardless of how tight they are been worn. People back in the day wore unsanforised levi's in the bath tub to get the tightest fit possible. These people include cowboys, who did not want excess material to get in their way. If their jeans would have broken within a month, jeans would not have the reputation for been durable workwear.

Number 2.

Remenber my thread on poly-cotton?

I have a problem with lame quality denim been sold as extreme quality workwear masterpieces and the illogical herd mentality of SuFu. Also, don't make it seem like I have a vendetta because i see flaws in the status quo. I'm more interested in quality then SuFu politics and

A) Even if i DID have a vendetta, my argument would still be true because arguments are true or false regardless of who says it.

B) I have no reason to be bitter..shit...I was even going to JOIN the contest (except I was working on other jeans).

I'm more of a comsumer advocate of sorts and planned absolescence bothers me.

Which reminds me, Before people justify their favorate denim companies faults please google "planned absolescence"

tightest fit possible is bullshit. you're wrong. show me a picture of a cowboy wearing their jeans like 99% of the superfuture members. if anything they wore them sized up. tight is rarely considered comfortable.

does it suck some threads are blowing out? yeah. does it mean they aren't good jeans? that's up to the buyer, not you.

Chatty,

The same exact blow out came on mine. Only sized down one. Don't know if this would help or not but i sewed up mine myself. Cut all the frayed denim and torn thread then sewed them back up with two different type stitches. Blow out only happened two months in.

Platano still has one valid point in my opinion. APC and Nudie crotch blowouts were common and now those brands are bought less frequently on this forum. This pair of Warehouse jeans commonly have crotch blowouts yet people are defending them. There is no question that jeans worn extra tight will have a higher chance of preforming poorly pretty much no matter what the brand. However, if crotch blowouts on APC's and Nudies were a sign of poor construction and quality why is it not a sign of poor construction on these Warehouse jeans. Let's put any other qualities of these jeans aside as I'm sure people can argue that other aspects of these jeans "make up" for it. But singling out crotch blowouts as a sign of poor quality other certain brands and not others is either ignorance or discriminating against certain brands.

As a side note I sized down 1 from my normal size and I'm happy with my pair. However, I also don't wear them as hard as some others as they don't seem to be fading slowly and I don't want them to possibly looked washed out after a year.