NYC: CMJ shows

ddohnggo

for free? smooz with some radio station people. I went in 2002? got into some really great shows for free. Some places have parties, all you can drink, but most of the great music ones are guest list only.

buying a badge does not garuntee you entry into a show as well.........

that being said, i thought SXSW was a better time overall

Buy a badge, which will get you into most of the showcases but costs and insane amount of money. A lot of them have sponsors you can RSVP through though. Also check out the showcases being put on that aren't officially attached to CMJ which you can usually get into for free. Brooklynvegan had a good post about it.

who the fuck are any of those bands?

HAHAHA... thats why i prefaced it by writing "if you are interested in..."

I dont really know any of them to tell u truth except for The Ringers who I've seen. I'm sure they all have a myspace. However, just based off what I know of my friend and the organization she works for, I don't think they will be loud and or noisy enough for dear leader's taste.

ay bay bay bay bay bay bay bay.

i dunno what night is good, but me and a bunch of all you cholereans should go eat at your homeland's latest entre into the nyc fried chicken game.

BBQ Chicken & Beer.

you cholereans now about dat?