Heaviest Skinny Jean?

ThyAllMighty

Hrmmm ya, PBJ005s...In the case of just "slim straight-leg" there are plenty of 14.5/15oz jeans out there. With a taper, its only really the 5010xx and maybe some Denime (805/508 type). Beyond 15oz theres the Samurai 710 19oz, with quite a strong taper, but the cut is not really all that "skinny".

EDIT: Almost forgot, John Bull sc002 or sc008, both skinny, Skulls Lindas and the Womens PBJs.

Hrmmm ya, PBJ005s...In the case of just "slim straight-leg" there are plenty of 14.5/15oz jeans out there. With a taper, its only really the 5010xx and maybe some Denime (805/508 type). Beyond 15oz theres the Samurai 710 19oz, with quite a strong taper, but the cut is not really all that "skinny".

EDIT: Almost forgot, John Bull sc002 or sc008, both skinny, Skulls Lindas and the Womens PBJs.

pretty much what he said. i guess you can throw the new cures up there. they're pretty damn stiff out of the box although not all that heavy denim wise. Ksubi uses pretty thick denim from what i remember as well. anything else like dior, JR, cheap monday etc is definitely not what your looking for.

SEXIH01 = It's skin tight above the knee and made of 21 ounce selvedge denim

Next would the SEXFH05 which won't be released till February..16 ounces..

Yeah, I mean the skulls, the knee measurement is wider than the hem measurement, so it has a taper. Not full on, but slight.

I always thought that its a straight-leg as from what i had seen from pics. I more like it now when i knew its a taper LOL..

The flathead 3001 cut which is now called the 330 I think is a SLIM fit with 14.5 oz denim. As well as the eternal 811 and 864? So it depends on how skinny you need and how youll do with the extra stiffness. Repeattofade has a good entry on slim fitting japanese denim which is usually heavier, but i dont know if it would serve any purpose if you HAVE to have super slim

I tried on the 5010xx 6x6 and indeed the denim is nice, but it's not skinny at all, like if there is taper, I didn't notice it, it was pretty much straight leg.

SExIH jean is SOOO nice, such good details, but the 21cm cut is too loose for me.

KMW Rockers is a really good cut, and supposedly it's 14.5, so 14.5 oz is as heavy as I can go with slim cuts?

My waist is about 29/30 and I'm looking for a taper of 7 or less.

The flathead 3001 cut which is now called the 330 I think is a SLIM fit with 14.5 oz denim. As well as the eternal 811 and 864? So it depends on how skinny you need and how youll do with the extra stiffness. Repeattofade has a good entry on slim fitting japanese denim which is usually heavier, but i dont know if it would serve any purpose if you HAVE to have super slim

10hellacharacters

I have a pair of of SEXIHs and they recommended to me to get the smallest size I could possibly fit into. It took me at least ten minutes to button them all the way up. It took around 2 months to stretch them into their now comfortable state. They're a lot of work but now they're my favorite pair of jeans.

Do you have any fit pictures? Also, what size did you get in relation to your true waist size? The SExIHs are looking like being my next purchase so I'm just looking for a little info if you could help me out.

I tried on the 5010xx 6x6 and indeed the denim is nice, but it's not skinny at all, like if there is taper, I didn't notice it, it was pretty much straight leg.

SExIH jean is SOOO nice, such good details, but the 21cm cut is too loose for me.

KMW Rockers is a really good cut, and supposedly it's 14.5, so 14.5 oz is as heavy as I can go with slim cuts?

My waist is about 29/30 and I'm looking for a taper of 7 or less.

Ya I guess something with a 7 or less opening taper would be with the Rockers, they have a 6.5 leg opening according to context's size chart. Either that or holod out to those Iron Heart collabs in Febuary or maybe the bike ones in November? The Rockers are a great fit, but if they are not heavy enough then they are not heavy enough.

I've got pairs of KMW Rockers and Skull 5010xx 6x6, both are great slim, tapered cuts but I wouldn't call them skinny, nor are they as heavy as you're talking about.

I say take your measurements and talk to Self Edge about the smallest Self Edge x Iron Heart model you can sqeeze into. If it's only the taper thats off, I'm sure they can advise you on how best to tailor it in.

I think the flat head collaboration is planned to be same cut as 3001 but with heavier denim and a button fly.

And I know what you mean, Cameland, about the 3001 sometimes seeming a little bootcut-y. On me my thighs fill out the top of the leg, while the lower leg sometimes flattens out a bit making it look larger. I am pretty sure I am the only one who ever notices, so not a problem.

My experience with the flatheads was something like this, I think it only really happens if you wear them really long.

another quick inquiry. my only real beef with my flat heads was the lower part of the leg, because it looks like this from the side

flathead.jpg

just super wide and dumb looking, at least thats how i feel it looks. are the skulls not gonna look like that? like more slim through the calf of the leg? thanks.

• 4 months later...