bullshit prices

BOORADLEY

Cars in Singapore cost about double what they cost in the states, and you can pretty much only drive them for 10 years cuz you have to pay ridiculous taxes on em after 10 years. I think i just made that up.

Nah that sounds about right but I thought they only did that in Japan - shaken, I think it's called.

Tell me about cigarettes.

fucking hell, during fashion week, i spent about 100 bucks on cigs, and like 50 bucks on gatorade (in the mornings cuz i was so dehyrated/my throat hurt so much from smoking).

one night i was with fuuma, and I swear I had three fresh packs on my person, and I wuz out of em before last call. gross.

Nah that sounds about right but I thought they only did that in Japan - shaken, I think it's called.

Tell me about cigarettes.

Yeah cars are cheap here, cause we bring in all the 10+ year old Japanese ones. There is about 3 Subaru Legacys to each person. :eek:

different prices for different markets?

If the demand for a good or service is higher in a market, then the seller will set the price accordingly. A stronger dollar doesn't necessarily give sellers an immediate reason to lower the price, as the demand might have maintained itself.

about Canadian taxation?

Some people suggested that Canada's higher taxes (specifically healthcare taxes) were somehow related to the higher prices. I don't think that Canadians are taxed as much as some people believe. In 2005, the tax rate for an average income single Canadian was 31.6% (includes the $300-900 health and prescription insurance tax for those earning over $20'000). The rate for the American counterpart was 29.1%. Canadians are taxed more than Americans, but at an average compared to other OECD nations.

The taxes shouldn't have a direct effect on prices. In Canada, GST and PST are not included in listed prices. When an item costs $5 in the USA and $7 in Canada, taxes still have to be calculated.

different prices for different markets?

If the demand for a good or service is higher in a market, then the seller will set the price accordingly. A stronger dollar doesn't necessarily give sellers an immediate reason to lower the price, as the demand might have maintained itself.

about Canadian taxation?

Some people suggested that Canada's higher taxes (specifically healthcare taxes) were somehow related to the higher prices. I don't think that Canadians are taxed as much as some people believe. In 2005, the tax rate for an average income single Canadian was 31.6% (includes the $300-900 health and prescription insurance tax for those earning over $20'000). The rate for the American counterpart was 29.1%. Canadians are taxed more than Americans, but at an average compared to other OECD nations.

The taxes shouldn't have a direct effect on prices. In Canada, GST and PST are not included in listed prices. When an item costs $5 in the USA and $7 in Canada, taxes still have to be calculated.

u rong sun

yea dere b price discrimination...but u ned 2 kno dat TAX affect price in manie wai. wen gov't "TAX BITNESS" da bitcness will pas tax on 2 u consumer regarldess.

newazeother policie can affekt price. mny reezun...not alwaze e-z 2 expalin.

u rong sun

yea dere b price discrimination...but u ned 2 kno dat TAX affect price in manie wai. wen gov't "TAX BITNESS" da bitcness will pas tax on 2 u consumer regarldess.

newazeother policie can affekt price. mny reezun...not alwaze e-z 2 expalin.

u lyke da blk waron buffet, which iz ironik, cuz u dun lyke foodz.