Do pleated chinos and khakis look wrong on younger men?

josepidal

I (and a lot of younger guys I know) think that pleated (much more cuffed) chinos and khakis or anything in a similar heavier casual material just look wrong on younger men, perhaps under 30 to 35 years old. If anything, it makes you look a bit old.

I saw pleated and cuffed chinos as part of the style guide at Polo.com, though. Could some advice there be inappropriate for someone below 30? Then again, all those Polo multicolored stripes under blazers would look best on young men. :)

http://style.polo.com/askralph/question.asp?question_id=114&ps_id=&section_id=6

http://style.polo.com/askralph/styleguide.asp?section_id=6#386

110_sp03_ar_lg_11.jpg

I caught hell for this in the "What's the perfect suit" thread but all you Herbs will be wearing pleats again soon.

Open up the minds gentlemen...

If worn properly & with a 1 1/2 inch cuff at the bottom they look dope.

I actually think they look like shit on fat or old people & are more suited to fit a slim/fit young dude.

Saying you can't wear them until you're 35 is like saying you can't do a cuffed shirt until that age as well.

When I get old, I sure as fuck won't be wearing pleated slacks. Strictly flat fronts (when that time comes) on old cats look best.

-Dub

Wow... no shit?

What a fuckin' "prediction"!

So superclowns, get on board now or wait a year or so & then take part in a 40 page thread about it.

I was just at a formal last weekend with a bunch of thinktheyknowfashion types & me & one other fresh mother fucker were the only ones in high rise pleats w/cuffs. So I was killin' em. Period.

No offense Serge, I always dig what you have to say...

-Dub

Quote:

Wow... no shit?

What a fuckin' "prediction"!

So superclowns, get on board now or wait a year or so & then take part in a 40 page thread about it.

I was just at a formal last weekend with a bunch of thinktheyknowfashion types & me & one other fresh mother fucker were the only ones in high rise pleats w/cuffs. So I was killin' em. Period.

No offense Serge, I always dig what you have to say...

--- Original message by themdouble on Jul 30, 2005 07:38 PM

How formal?