Gareth Pugh S/S 08.

chris

a few of the looks are beautiful (and surprisingly practical), but the rest is... eh. each look kind of reminds me of a different designer, whereas last season, every single one of them were distinctly his. and it sucks that the only two men's looks are horribly over the top.

loved it, but i was born to love this.

i dont think that the problem is that it references other designers, i think it is kind of working in reverse. people are picking up on this subversive current a bit more lately, full-on this time, rather than the tame youth rebellion bullshit that has had its vicegrip on fashion for so long... Gareth was definitely ahead of the pack with bringing that influence into the fold and yet, still remaining very flighty about it all.

this strikes me as a bit more grounded and serious than usual, but then again, his stuff is always tons more alive in editorial shoots as opposed to the runway.

loved it, but i was born to love this.

i dont think that the problem is that it references other designers, i think it is kind of working in reverse. people are picking up on this subversive current a bit more lately, full-on this time, rather than the tame youth rebellion bullshit that has had its vicegrip on fashion for so long... Gareth was definitely ahead of the pack with bringing that influence into the fold and yet, still remaining very flighty about it all.

this strikes me as a bit more grounded and serious than usual, but then again, his stuff is always tons more alive in editorial shoots as opposed to the runway.

I'm personally convinced that he basically designs clothing for editorials.

I'm personally convinced that he basically designs clothing for editorials.

and for the disco, as someone just pointed out. basically.

as mr. murphy put it, PARTY ALL THE TIME, PARTY ALL THE TIIIIIIMMMMEEEE.

i am enjoying a designer who's reference point isnt waify teens, isnt militarywear, isnt anything but fucking weirdos and the characters they play every vodka-and-pill fuelled night out.

and for the disco, as someone just pointed out. basically.

as mr. murphy put it, PARTY ALL THE TIME, PARTY ALL THE TIIIIIIMMMMEEEE.

i am enjoying a designer who's reference point isnt waify teens, isnt militarywear, isnt anything but fucking weirdos and the characters they play every vodka-and-pill fuelled night out.

I like it too.

You just put it better, so I'll let you do your thing.