SD: Sushi Art: "a wink & a smile" paintings/drawings by Jeana Sohn HOT HOT HOT

1Flyer.jpg

Hi Art Lovers,

I wanted to tell you all about a show I curated for Sushi Space in downtown San Diego called "a wink and a smile." Jeana Sohn's paintings are soooo absolutely amazing, I *know* you won't want to miss it!! (also this is the last show in the old Sushi space!) Check out her website: www.jeanasohn.com

a wink and a smile

Paintings and drawings by Jeana Sohn

opens June 7- June 28, 2004

**Reception June 12th from 5-7pm**

Sushi Space

320 11th Avenue,

San Diego, CA 92101

gallery hours: Mm - F 12 - 5pm or by appointment

(619) 235 - 8466 (ask for Jeff Williams)

for a special sneakpeak:

http://sugarboots.com/art-shows/?album=a-wink-and-a-smile

(if you are press and need a hi-res image, please let me know)

xoxo,

Chako

Jeana on Jeana (Artist's Bio)

Jeana was born and raised in a small village called “Hyoja†in a small city called “Phohang†in a small country called Korea.

Jean’s parents pushed her early on to pursue a career as a concert pianist, but her fingers were too stubby for musical greatness . . . instead Jeana put her stubby fingers to good use drawing all day long until her stubby fingers were sore.

Jeana and stubby fingers attended University in Korea, completing a program in “Graphic design†. . . She then relocated to the US to study “Character Animation†at the California Institute of the Arts.

Jeana currently lives in Los Angeles with a psycho cat named “nylon†and a stinky dog named “choco†. . . She spends her time making paintings, children’s books, drawings, t-shirts, stuffed bunnies, movies, music, and murals.

Edited by sugarboots on May 26, 2004 at 08:21 PM

• 2 weeks later...

Show opens today (m - f: 12 - 5) - reception This SATURDAY from 5 - 7 -- come out, you won't regret it - everything is priced LOW LOW LOW so you can take something with ya!

70 pieces - take a peep!

girl.jpg

wink-011.jpg

sohn1.jpg

wink-007.jpg

Edited by sugarboots on Jun 14, 2004 at 10:51 AM

hEY THANKS sUG...

San Diego commonlaw native here thanking you for you posts and will check out the show that'll be laden with memories (and art). I know sushi is out of there already,but have they found a perm space?

Lemme know.

contact tyrone spencer phone 619.231.4266 e-mail [email protected]

i·con(imageconcepts)© style forager trippin like voyager

Hi bryan - i'm glad you've been checkin out my posts. sushi is actually not out of it's space yet. this is it's last show. it'll be hopping around (doin a few shows at voz alta, then looking around for other spots) for the next year . . . hope to see you saturday - and if you come by, please say hello :)

Hi Art Lovers,

I wanted to remind you all about a show I curated for Sushi Space in downtown San Diego called "a wink and a smile." Jeana Sohn's paintings are soooo absolutely amazing, I *know* you won't want to miss it!! (also this is the last show in the old Sushi space!)

THERE IS NO GAME THIS SATURDAY so parking will be easy! All pieces are around $200 and under (some even $40 and under!!) This is a very affordable show so you can walk away with something you like.