Robert Geller S/S 08

goldengloves

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this collection a lot more than his Fall/Winter collection which is very unusual for me.

This is definitely a good blend of California cool meets the city but all while not being too over pretentious. There's not too much layering (like we saw in other SS08 collections) and I think it touches on what younger people like to wear during the Spring and Summer months.

With that said; I don't like all the pieces, some of them just don't speak to me personally. Such as the highlighter-esque yellow pants and shorts, the printed shirts and sweaters, and the use of vans for all the footwear.

I do however really like the stand up collar blazer, blazer with contrast collar/wrist/pockets, the elongated cardigans, the tan trench coat (fantastic!), the sheer tees which look perfect for Spring/Summer, the nylon coat with white contrast, and the grey skinny jeans. So needless to say, I don't think I will have a problem finding something to buy come Spring.

I think Geller is only going to keep getting stronger and stronger with each season. But I definitely think this line has the potential to do very well.

I'm new to the city - where do they stock it and what's the price point like? I'm guessing $200 for LS shirts $600 for jackets approx? Or are we talking Cloak-like prices?

Like the Trench even though it is a bit generic. Grey jacket with light grey detailing is nice as well.