Supertrip to Singapore& Germany

furien

Im taking a three month trip to germany to work in an engineering office for a couple of months. I have decided to stay in singapore for a week because I figured it was interesting as people like soepoem who lives there and the food also seems nice. So Im looking for places to visit in singapore. I need desperately need some advice for some places to shop and eat at.

Flight Plan

Start in Perth Australia

Fly to singapore

Stay there for a week

Fly to germany

Stay there for a couple of months( I have family there....Im german and my name is Felix just like the other Felix on these forums)

Fly back home to Perth

Yeah its really wierd with another Felix on the board... I think I look like you to and my mum makes cakes like yours. Thanks for the advice about the food im now looking for places to go. I dont mind staying in singapore for a week even if there isnt anything to do in the last couple of days. I heard the zoo was good from my friend. Something about a polar bear being there.

I have decided to stay in singapore for a week because I figured it was interesting as people like soepoem who lives there and the food also seems nice. So Im looking for places to visit in singapore. I need desperately need some advice for some places to shop and eat at.

What exactly you intend to shop and eat in Singapore?

Hmm. 3 to 4 days should suffice but then foreigners like to see different things. So some old churches and buildings may hold some attraction to foreigners which has zero interest from locals. Where you putting up? Hotels are scarce now!

I was thinking of staying in a youth hostel and leaving all my valuables in a locker at the airport.Being a poor student at and all.I intend to eat pretty much anything. I like variety so ill probally eat most things that come my way, but I like having traditional western dishes to fall back on if im missing home cooked meals.Considering clothes im into streetwear and the more conservtive high fashion... Looks like I wont be going to the red light district, I dont know anyone in singapore... damn.

I was thinking of staying in a youth hostel and leaving all my valuables in a locker at the airport.Being a poor student at and all.I intend to eat pretty much anything. I like variety so ill probally eat most things that come my way, but I like having traditional western dishes to fall back on if im missing home cooked meals.Considering clothes im into streetwear and the more conservtive high fashion... Looks like I wont be going to the red light district, I dont know anyone in singapore... damn.

Ermmm, you can try those 'love hotels' for S$70 a night in air conditioned comfort. Think these are actual hotels with safe deposit boxes.

I have seen budget back packers hotel going for lesser but I do not know what are the rates and whether they have clean sheets and air-conditioning. You may think its raining in Singapore and you dont need air-conditioning. But trust me, when it doesnt rain and there are mosquitoes around, you will beg for air-con.

I dont know whether there are those lockers you envisage in Changi airport. I stayed in a hostel in Hong Kong recently and I ended up taking my passport and my cash with me everywhere I go for days and I brought a lot of cash to buy stuff for people.

You can try many of the hawker centres around. Australian Asian food are pretty authentic I find. But the hawker centre food are dirt cheap unless you go to those that cater for tourists. There are really too much food to recommend. They also offer traditional western food if you cannot tolerate local food. Its edible but it aint the Ritz. At least most of them aint the Ritz. There are some gems but guess its hard for you to find.

You need to state what brands. I dont know much about streetwear but I am fairly familiar with high fashion.

As for red light district, well, as long as you have a rough map, you can go by yourself. I heard that its a bustling street market even in the wee hours of the morning and you can spend your time oogling at the Chinese girls standing in the streets FOC. Its not Amsterdam but hey, its free right and an eye opener I bet.

You can also watch real live UFC style action in the streets when freeloader customers get beaten up by the pimps and watch a preview of Beijing 2008 Olympics when the girls scoot when the cops come around.

You can even try them for like S$60 to 80 but dont expect great service. Like set your standards really really low like bonking your 80 year old cross eyed dotty fat neighbour low even if the girls are damn hot and sexy.

I find there are always many things to while away one's time even for a week in Singapore but you gotta know what you want really.

Yeah its really wierd with another Felix on the board... I think I look like you to and my mum makes cakes like yours. Thanks for the advice about the food im now looking for places to go. I dont mind staying in singapore for a week even if there isnt anything to do in the last couple of days. I heard the zoo was good from my friend. Something about a polar bear being there.

dudes got stalker status.

hah!

i can bring you to the red light area, but i dont fuck, i only eat (food, yeah real food)