HELP! Need a bday gift for my girl.

knucks

I have been with my girlfriend for 3.5 years and always spend heaps of coin on her gifts but out of all of the gifts over the years her favourite was from our 2yr anniversary - we both carry around a photo of us kissing in a photo booth, so for part of her gift I did an A2 size 5 colour stencil on canvas of that photo and she loved/loves it.

Do something meaningful dude. Perfume from a dept store isn't meaningful. I mean its a good supplementary gift to go with something else but it isn't personal or representational of the two of you. I'm not saying go out and paint anything if your not that way inclined but maybe a photo of you both in a nice frame or something. That and a fragrance or interesting piece of jewelry would be nice.

as far as jewelry is concerned, if you cant afford something on the pricey side, go to a local art museums gift shop and get something by a lesser known artist. something handcrafted.

at the mca in chicago there was a tag on the inside of the box where the lady wrote down who the artist was and what it was made out of.

that seems signifigantly more heartfelt than something from your local mall.

poems is a bit too much, only works in movies. Besides they are only good if you are after a short term relationship, and a time bomb in long term relationships. As they will tend to compare you in the long run with, how come you dont write me poems anymore etc and all that shit.

This is the ultimate secret on how to keep your missus happy:

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toOVAFItR8U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toOVAFItR8U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

i think something that she can wear/use on daily basis would be nice. if you are thinking jewelry, then something simple so it won't crash with anything she wears. other than that, a wallet or a watch.

i like the thought of special gifts from significant other to be something i can always wear/use to remind me of him even when i am not with him. little things like that would make a girl all gooey.

good luck on the hunt!

NO POEMS! Please. She will act like she think it's cute, but she will cry on the inside. Eventually, she would have to dumb you. And also, dinner + flowers is really nice, but you have to buy her something to. And you have to wrap it, or put it in a nice bag (important!). But I don't know what, you have to ask her friends.

I think one of the greatest things to get your girl is jewelry, but hand-crafted, not store-bought. There are plenty of bead/tinker shops that sell all the necessaries to make jewelry. I've made mine a set of chandelier earrings and a bracelet. Each took around 3 hours to make, and I chose specific colors etc. etc. If you have a good eye for things (which you probably do considering you're on SuFu) and have patience as well as decent handiwork, then I strongly recommend this.

You can even get those little generic jewelry boxes + cotton bedding and put the necklace/bracelet/earrings in them. She'll die when you tell her you made them. Most likely she won't believe you at first, but when she realizes you're serious, it's game over.

seriously, get her something that is personal, whether it's something only you know she likes or something that references an inside joke. and no matter what...cook her dinner. if you need fool-proof recipies that you can't fuck up and will also impress her to no end, let me know...

I ended up making her a card and getting her 2 books because she likes to read. One was by an author she likes and the other was A Clockwork Orange because she told me how she's been wanting to see the movie, but first wants to read the book.