washington dc

laurenamos

It's been a few years but Comme des Garcons was available at Relish in Georgetown. Basically go past the Georgetown Park Mall on M Street and turn into Cady's Alley. They also carried Dries along with brands like Paul Smith, Nudies, Neil Barrett, John Lobb and Yohji.

Circle Boutique on 17th Street off of Dupont Circle had Rag and Bone and Undercover, I think. It's a small basement shop but definitely a small wonder. Plus, the two girls that run the shop are cool as hell. One is Thai and is extremely cute.

It's been a few years but Comme des Garcons was available at Relish in Georgetown. Basically go past the Georgetown Park Mall on M Street and turn into Cady's Alley. They also carried Dries along with brands like Paul Smith, Nudies, Neil Barrett, John Lobb and Yohji.

Circle Boutique on 17th Street off of Dupont Circle had Rag and Bone and Undercover, I think. It's a small basement shop but definitely a small wonder. Plus, the two girls that run the shop are cool as hell. One is Thai and is extremely cute.

Thanks for the info. I live in DC and I didn't even know this. I will go to both stores this weekend! :D

Analyst always wins DC threads, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't live here anymore.

I would recommend calling Relish before going if you're looking for men's clothes, because I had heard they had stopped selling men's.

Circle Boutique is a nice store--I haven't been there in awhile and had no idea they'd carry undercover.

It's been a few years since I've lived in DC, so take everything I say with a few grains of salt.

Circle Boutique definitely had Rag and Bone, but I'm not 100% on Undercover. Oh, they had some Band of Outsiders oxfords and ties there, too, and some Yoko Devereaux, or was it Junya Watanabe?

About two years ago, Denim Bar opened up around Pentagon City and was supposed to start stocking Japanese denim like Sugarcanes. I never knew if it happened or not. But, they did have APC, Nudies, Prps, etc. I would be impressed if Mauricio starting getting some SDA or Eternal denim in there, but I don't think DCers would be ready for that yet.

I miss my old neighborhood around Mt. Pleasant/Adam's Morgan and the weekend drumlines in Meridian Hill Park. But who knows, it could all be all PN Hoffman condominiums by now!

with the directions i had, it was. The house numbers fucked everything. My dad couldnt even find it, and hes a freakin eagle scout 9hahah9. I asked this ladie and i saw it behind her

It's been a few years since I've lived in DC, so take everything I say with a few grains of salt.

Circle Boutique definitely had Rag and Bone, but I'm not 100% on Undercover. Oh, they had some Band of Outsiders oxfords and ties there, too, and some Yoko Devereaux, or was it Junya Watanabe?

About two years ago, Denim Bar opened up around Pentagon City and was supposed to start stocking Japanese denim like Sugarcanes. I never knew if it happened or not. But, they did have APC, Nudies, Prps, etc. I would be impressed if Mauricio starting getting some SDA or Eternal denim in there, but I don't think DCers would be ready for that yet.

I miss my old neighborhood around Mt. Pleasant/Adam's Morgan and the weekend drumlines in Meridian Hill Park. But who knows, it could all be all PN Hoffman condominiums by now!

That is funny, you must have lived around the corner from me. I live right next to meridian hill park on chapin st. I love going to the park on sundays and getting in on the drumming. There is a lot of construction in the area though, like you said. Theivery Corp. is opening a new lounge called Marvin on 14th and U. The area will soon be the hot spot in DC.

cmonwealth is not supposed to be hidden...but georgetown streets are extremely confusing sometimes...

Yeah commonwealth is not really hidden. It is below a gym called Mint and it is on Florida Ave in downtown Adams Morgan. On the corner of Florida and 14th there is a new store called Palace 5ive. It is a upscale skater store. I personally think it is much better than Commonwealth.

check out Redeem on 14th and U i believe it is. its a new shop i havent gotten to go in there since ive moved from DC, but they stock Corpus, Orthodox, Earnest Sewn, Wrath Arcane as well as Barking Irons, i think they are trying to pull some more product in as well.

Denim Bar is in both Arlington(Pentagon City) and Bethesda, they stock Sugar Cane (very limited), Nudie, Acne, Imperial, KMW, Rag & Bone.

Circle Boutique is solid right over in Dupont area.

Commonwealth is pretty decent at 18th and U

Kickballers (shit name) decent shit some times.

District Line in Adams Morgan is a hidden gem for Fred Perry

So I was looking for circle boutique off of 17th st. near the circle, but did not see it. I should have looked online first :rolleyes:. Then I remembered it is actualy next to redeem on 14th st.

They moved about a year ago. The new space is similar in layout though now it's closer to the U St. Corridor .. Muleh is worth checking out at as well. It's on the opposite site of 14th, about a block up.

I was there a couple weeks ago and they had in B.Son, Band of Outsiders, Nom De Guerre, Steven Alan, and some other stuff.

Relish did stop selling men's though I picked up a Dries cardigan and Paul Smith wallet from them a few weeks ago when we were in there for shoes for my girl. They still have a couple of men's pieces downstairs.

• 6 months later...

Marvin is a new bar/restaurant that Eric Hilton is running. 14th and U. Nice enough for beers and ESL-style music, haven't eaten there yet.

The District Line is in Georgetown now.

New Stussy store two doors down from commonwealth.

Newish Bloomingdales in Friendship Heights is nice, carries Margiela among other sufu-approved stuff in that vein (and a lot of crap, as well).

The District Line is in Georgetown now.

New Stussy store two doors down from commonwealth.

i always used to walk past the district line and wonder how it stayed in business where it was

now that other stores are following commonwealth's lead, though, they might have been able to do alright if they'd stuck around

sort of different target markets, i guess

anyway, it's cool that stussy's moving in - that area has a lot of potential, even if dl couldn't do much with it

18th st lounge is cool, no doubt, but chief ike's is one of my favorite joints of all time

a decent number of the best drunken nights of my life involved ike's

and prince night on a three-day weekend is not to be missed

i don't miss too much about dc, but...

only if I knew about the places mentioned here before I left D.C. I would have had a better time.

I lived in the Palisades while I was studying at AU. Probably the best kept secret in D.C. (in my opinion). Quiet, safe, close to Georgetown, easy access to Rock Creek Park... shit, I loved speeding down FoxHall Road from Canal Road to get on to Key Bridge... I had to be careful cause the cops would be hiding near Mt.Vermon campus with a speed gun.. assholes....

Only if I could go back in time and enjoy my days again....

sleazie, I think you'll be fine as long as you're kinda dressed up. Lavinz and diors won't hold you back--just no jerseys or err force ones.

I'm with joey_formal, though, DC lounges are lame (ESL aside maybe). They play similar music at Local 16 and Marvin, and they're more laid back, at least on weekends. Other lounges are bottle service-type places.

The H st places like r'n'r are cool, but a little less metro accessible and in a crappier (but not terrible) neighborhood.

If you're thinking of going out tonight, keep in mind it's st patrick's day...

dont go to esl, go to rock & roll hotel or palace of wonders. palace is fucking great sideshow style shit, not too mention they have a weekly womens only armwrestling night haha

+1 esl is shit ever since TheCorp stopped owning it. adams morgan is meh, i prefer the fledgling bar scene in NE d.c.

redeem is also getting new stuff, i know for a fact some b.son is on its way, they also carry stuff by the brigade dudes, wrath arcane? i believe. district line also just received their spring shit.

sleazie, I think you'll be fine as long as you're kinda dressed up. Lavinz and diors won't hold you back--just no jerseys or err force ones.

I'm with joey_formal, though, DC lounges are lame (ESL aside maybe). They play similar music at Local 16 and Marvin, and they're more laid back, at least on weekends. Other lounges are bottle service-type places.

The H st places like r'n'r are cool, but a little less metro accessible and in a crappier (but not terrible) neighborhood.

If you're thinking of going out tonight, keep in mind it's st patrick's day...

local 16 and marvin are decent from what i've heard, those places actually still ARE owned by TheCorp dudes. asylum and napoleon in adams morgan are chill, and personally i'm not the biggest fan of wonderland in columbia heights. my fave bar of the moment is probably jimmy valentine's.