Laptop Speakers

captain5640

Not sure if there's already a topic on this, if so please just point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a quality set of speakers to connect to my laptop. Preferably in the $150-$250 price range. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

The problem with laptop speakers is the sound that your laptop generates creeps into the sound coming out of the headphone jack.

What you need is a product that can bypass that.

There's a small unit you can buy (kind of like an pre-amp) that connects using a USB - it has a program that converts the sound output and sends it via usb to eliminate the comp 'background noises.

The name of the product escapes me right now but it's made in the States and they have a range of products.

So if you want quality sound and are looking to spend a few hundred bucks I recommend you get one of these because a laptop GENERATES NOISE and you WILL HEAR IT on good speakers.

I just picked up some $15 logitech usb joints which are great for travelling... and a nice Denon AVR1907 amp for the room...

1074277916_ed1a02ce0c.jpg