fake selvedge

Quote:

Speaking of Marc Jacobs, I walked into the SF store today, found a nice knit shirt, and checked the price only to find that it was over $900! Damn....

I saw some fake selvage on Haight today but it looked pretty real. Not until you got up close to the model with the jeans on can you tell it was fake.

--- Original message by super on Jul 15, 2005 05:51 PM

I was there too two days ago, found the best looking jeans I've ever seen actually, great shade of blue and awesome shade of brown leather patch. Girl said it was japanese denim too, so I suppose they were selvedge. They had lots of sizes left and they were on a 70% sale(orig. price $390)!!

Didn't get them because I'm into skinny jeans and these weren't, but honestly, I've seen quite a few pairs of jeans and I'm real picky, and these were the absolute best I've ever seen!

Tried on a nice winter scarf too, found out it was $530 after trying it tho..

tally-hoo

Quote:
Quote:

Speaking of Marc Jacobs, I walked into the SF store today, found a nice knit shirt, and checked the price only to find that it was over $900! Damn....

I saw some fake selvage on Haight today but it looked pretty real. Not until you got up close to the model with the jeans on can you tell it was fake.

I was there too two days ago, found the best looking jeans I've ever seen actually, great shade of blue and awesome shade of brown leather patch. Girl said it was japanese denim too, so I suppose they were selvedge. They had lots of sizes left and they were on a 70% sale(orig. price $390)!!

Didn't get them because I'm into skinny jeans and these weren't, but honestly, I've seen quite a few pairs of jeans and I'm real picky, and these were the absolute best I've ever seen!

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Jul 30, 2005 06:49 AM

These jeans were at the Marc Jacobs boutique in SF?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Jul 30, 2005 06:49 AM

These jeans were at the Marc Jacobs boutique in SF?

--- Original message by minya on Jul 30, 2005 04:29 PM

Oh yes, it's located on maiden lane which is close to union square but I suppose you know that already? Anyway, for anyone who can stand non-skinny jeans, GET THESE!! I thought about going back and buying them and then have them customized by a tailor but figured that the result maybe wouldn't be very good.

tally-hoo

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Jul 31, 2005 at 07:06 AM