Moving out...

barcelona

I'm thinking about moving out...I have a friend (not really a close friend...) whos looking for a new room mate by the end of the month.

The location and price is good...

I dunno though, I have a few days to think about it...I know I would have to buy a lot less clothes and other random shit...I think I could handle it though if I control my spending enough.

I just wanna hear any stories, advice, anything you guys have to offer... When did you move out? etc.

I too am in the midst of looking for a place with my girlfriend... the only thing I'm not looking forward to is not having disposable income...

yeah i know eh...

I spend all the money I make right now...and more...

and i have NO bills to pay ...Like none...I dont even pay a cell phone bill.

I pay my own bills - cell, internet, health insurance. Have been planning on moving out with the gf for at least 3 years but things keep popping up - going back to college, o/s holidays, gf having to go back uni. Pain in the ass really (well besides the holidays) but the gf has to move out by the end of the year so we are looking now and will bite the bullet as soon as we find a place we love.

Guest jizzy p

Wait, so how're you guys supporting yourself at a young age?

I'm 16 and I want to move out as soon as I can... I lived at a friend's for 6 months because I could not stand home life, but that doesn't really count.

Baller occupations straight out of high school? Wait, Keagan's a dropout...

:confused::confused::(:(

I pay my own bills - cell, internet, health insurance. Have been planning on moving out with the gf for at least 3 years but things keep popping up - going back to college, o/s holidays, gf having to go back uni. Pain in the ass really (well besides the holidays) but the gf has to move out by the end of the year so we are looking now and will bite the bullet as soon as we find a place we love.

Your in a way more serious situation than I am.

I'm thinking about moving out just for a change, I think it would be a good experience. I could move back home at any time. I'm doing another year of high school in september so I think it would be cool to have my own place.

Wait, so how're you guys supporting yourself at a young age?

I'm 16 and I want to move out as soon as I can... I lived at a friend's for 6 months because I could not stand home life, but that doesn't really count.

Baller occupations straight out of high school? Wait, Keagan's a dropout...

:confused::confused::(:(

I don't have a baller occupation.

With rent, phone, cable, internet, and hydro it comes to around 400 each a month.

plus food, gas, micellaneous shit...

I think can get by with my job at a grocery store. I think I would get a second job a few days a week for spending money though.

Oh god.

Dreading the day I have to move back onto res and make my own food, or eat that shit they lace with laxatives from the cafeteria.

2 jobs and highschool? just make sure you don't fuck yourself over with terrible marks and have to go to Trent or Lakehead something.

Oh god.

Dreading the day I have to move back onto res and make my own food, or eat that shit they lace with laxatives from the cafeteria.

2 jobs and highschool? just make sure you don't fuck yourself over with terrible marks and have to go to Trent or Lakehead something.

Well im basically done high school...I'm just going back for a 5th year.

I know I could do it, thats not what I'm worried about.

Im actually not really worried about anything....I just dont know if I would like it.

i moved out 4 years for school (away from home)

it was a really fun good experience

but now im broke and back at home , leeching off the parental units .. it kinda sucks, but its better than being in debt because i wanna be "indepedent"

Yes, I like Billy Joel.

But are you fucking kidding me? Moving out sucks balls. I don't know the rental situation in Toronto, or how things are for young people like yourself, but moving out fucking sucked for me.

Paying rent, gas and elec, cable/internet, laundry & dry cleaning, grocery just fucking blows. Not to mention opportunity cost that you incur with doing shit on your own (time & energy) , lost benefits such as decent meals cooked by mommy are tough blows as well. Life blows when you have to think really hard about buying a fucking carton of OJ because it has become a fucking luxury good.

I know plenty of young professionals in NYC who trek back to their parents place in other areas of the city or burbs to drop off laundry/dry cleaning and get fed decent meals. I know plenty of people who still live with their parental units because both parties realize paying rent in this current mkt is a lose-lose situation.

My pops kicked me out as soon as I accumulated enough paychecks to pay for the movers and the deposit. Then they moved out of the fucking country. Now i spend my weekends jealously sending off friends who are going home, or off to Hamptons with their excess cash. I'd love to be fucking dependent - I wanna be like Jack Black's character from Orange County.

To be honest, you're only 17, what's the rush? You have your whole life to live on your own and worry about bills. When you're 17 and in high school you shouldn't have to worry about shit like that, you should be consentrating on your grades and screwing as many girls as humanly possible.

The only glory about living by yourself is having a pad to bring a girl back to and having your own space and rules. But other than that, it's hard work.

When you're 17 and in high school you shouldn't have to worry about shit like that, you should be consentrating on your grades and screwing as many girls as humanly possible.

Amen .

Guest scruf
To be honest, you're only 17, what's the rush? You have your whole life to live on your own and worry about bills. When you're 17 and in high school you shouldn't have to worry about shit like that, you should be consentrating on your grades and screwing as many girls as humanly possible.

The only glory about living by yourself is having a pad to bring a girl back to and having your own space and rules. But other than that, it's hard work.

does everybody think high school is all about screwing girls? i mean whats left when you go to college?

does everybody think high school is all about screwing girls? i mean whats left when you go to college?

drugs

I'm just finishing college, about to move back home cause I'm broke. Gonna work two jobs, pay off all my debts as quickly as possible, and then move the hell out cause living at home sssuuuuccckkss.

bills are so much fun, and so are landlords always knocking on your door for the stupidist shit, like having people over too late at night. Oh wait and buying your own groceries and actually realizing how damn expensive it is to eat healthy food. Cleaning the bathroom!!! on a sunday now thats living! Shit and don't get me started on how awesome paying for the cable/internet/phone is. Parking your car 5 blocks away from your apartment and all because you went out with your friends, silly me living on my own is awesome...

just venting, these plus many more are all of the reasons why I moved back home after being out of my house for six years and gave up on paying rent, fuck rent! I'm all down for buying a house now! equity loans hell yeah!

staying at home because you have no problem with it = okay

moving out because you think home is wack = okay

moving out because you think home is wack then whimpering back home because you didn't realize how hard life is = supherghey

I moved out when I went away to college and I haven't thought of moving back since. I'd rather go broke on my own that go crawling back to the nest.

moving out because you think home is wack then whimpering back home because you didn't realize how hard life is = supherghey

Truth.