Mike and Chris for men

Does anyone have an opinion about the M&C mens line of hoodies and washed leather jackets?

I know women in LA have been going goo goo gah gah over their stuff for a couple of years. Their clothes in general are cut nice, fabrics are good, stylish pockets and buttons (nothing mind blowing) just really good outerwear basics. Price point seems very good.

Although I'm not considering gettin one of their hoodies, the quality of their washed leather goods is pretty damn nice, and for 800 bucks, it is a nice alternative to say a Rick Owens washed leather coat, which this season will prob be going for 3 times that price. I don't think you'll find a better deal, all things considered.

Do any Angelinos or otherwise have any thoughts? I think activeendeavors has pics for references.

And more specifically, does/will Mike and Chris mens line have a stigma or connotation of being a female label, and therefore not really "acceptable" to wear? Not that this should matter, but only since both mens and womens lines have similar look/feels.

The women's line is much better because they are cute and could be sexy depends how you play w/ it. I used to sell them left and right.. I always want to see what they would do if they do Men's.. but i saw the first season.. Fit is a problem.. style is a bit whack.. overall, i am not pleased.

there was a good thread on this mark over on the other SF, even before the mens label came out.

i am unimpressed. then again i hate leather outerwear on men. if it's not for riding a motorcycle then it looks really strange to me, as if someone is trying to hard to exude manliness or whatever.

I love the mercer fleece they came out with this season. They are at a pretty great price point, soft materials too. The long sleeve tees are a bit off to me though, they seem extremely long and boxy. On some of the better pieces, the detailing is great, not overdone, but well placed.

You can see the Mercer here

Me too, but then i think of how many black hoodies I have in how many different configurations, and it make me wonder...

Can't say I'm overstocked on the black hoodies.

I'm more pulled towards wearing navy, purple, grey, maroon and white when it comes to hoodies.

i appreciate their designs, but the name "mike & chris" sorta makes me want to fight them ......

agree.

hollaforadolla - i like that one that you picked up. have you posted it in either new purchases or waywt? yeah... i should have probably looked before i asked that, which i'll do now. but if you havent posted pics, please do if you get around to it. thanks.

agree.

hollaforadolla - i like that one that you picked up. have you posted it in either new purchases or waywt? yeah... i should have probably looked before i asked that, which i'll do now. but if you havent posted pics, please do if you get around to it. thanks.

i havent yet. ill do this for you tonight or tomorrow.