Tie with polo/tee's, tacky or not.

Aku

I'm curious on what people think of this. I think if you can pull it off, then you should do it, I've seen alot of people attempt at it and it ends up looking retarded but if you can do it, then you should be able to.

I'm curious on what people think of this. I think if you can pull it off, then you should do it, I've seen alot of people attempt at it and it ends up looking retarded but if you can do it, then you should be able to.

seeing a majority (99%) of people look like douches trying to do this, you probably shouldn't. unless you're going to steal bam's fingerless gloves and wear them also

a majority (99%) of people look like douches trying to do this
Looks stupid 99% of the time.
99% for tie/polo.

this is funny. seeing this topic, I instantly thought to myself that 99% of the time this doesn't work.

i think an ascot would be more effective, if not a little flamboyant. i'd avoid pairing them because in honesty, you could just wear a regular button down shirt and a tie if it looks nice, and just role up the sleeves.

A polo with a T is retarded. However with a polo it can work. There was a pick of a dude on one of those Jap fashion sites - the one that has candid shots from people broken down by districts/cities, tokyo sheebuya, etc. He was wearing a stetson, purple polo, black tie, and black pants. I wish I would have saved it becaus it looked pretty fly.

NO, polos are ment to be worn without the tie to give it that "chill" look. if you want to wear a tie so bad then just wear a button up.

Um....

fashion "rules" are bullshit. anything can work. it's ok to be creative. challenge yourself.

Yup.

fashion "rules" are bullshit. anything can work. it's ok to be creative. challenge yourself.

Usually I'd say that fashion rules do matter, otherwise you'd fall into the case of trying too hard, but I really feel like trying to do this without making it look terrible.

slim fit Burberry polo, popped collar, navy blue; with tucked in red tie. No idea how it'd be, but I feel like bringing in a red tie to a burberry store and trying it out in the dressing room. I just know it'll look terrible, but I'm curious.

Thinking about it, it could work if worn with a vest.

Now that you bring it up, I think the guy I mentioned had a black vest also. It truely was awesome. I'll see If I can find it today...

Take this with a grain of salt...I didn't have the balls to post this on WAYWT because I know how horrid it looks (hell I just threw it together in seconds) and I'm not actually wearing it today. And to my defense, this is a very unflattering angle, the jeans aren't the best fit, I didn't even tie the tie correctly and the polo is a few years old! With all that said and done here are the pics:

img4229ae9.jpgimg4233oy3.jpg

Ok, blast away :D (I fear this will end up on worst waywt) ;)

i think that the look rarely works but if it works, it's usually on a polo shirt with a dress shirt-style collar (as opposed to a ribbed one), and probably with a jacket. i don't think it usually works because a polo shirt was designed as sportswear whereas a tie has more or less always been formal wear so it's kind of clash but the lines between casual and formalwear are constantly being blurred (for better or for worse). maybe someday it'll be as commonplace as jeans and blazers are now.