Number (N)ine S/S 08

goldengloves

I got it. :)

I know the similarities of Ann D. are apparent in this collection, I think that might be one of the reasons I like it. But to me it seems a little more 'punk' (for lack of a better word) than Ann's collections. I like to think of Ann's collections at being a bit more whimsical and beautiful.

I think once Ann's collection shows tomorrow, we'll be able to tell some distinct differences.

I'm just glad there are no weird rock & roll or cowboy references.

im not usually a fan of number (n)ine, but i really, really like this. the loose-ish layering is what screams ann demeulemeester (with less romance), which probably explains why im so into it. hell, these pants are almost identical to the cropped layered ones from spring (with the asymmetric buttons near the hem):

ninemwss080173ov9.jpg

Yea, I never get a sense of orginiality from most of Miyashita's runway collections, so I guess this one comes as no surprise. So for me, there are a lot of very wearable pieces in the collection and while looking a little heavy because of the layering, I think once the pieces are parted we should be able to see some light weight fabrics and very wearabele clothing.

really love this collection, but what the hell is up with it looking like a f/w? only thing s/s about it is the shorts and tank.

oh, and i hate those gigantor rosaries

Love the entire collection, my favorite from Spring 08, Lanvin a close second. Granted it looks heavy for a Spring Collection but this will be available come January in Barney's. If you live in New York you can wear it a full 4 months before stripping off and hitting up Gay Meadow in CP.

derivative, as usual. feels like the love child of ann dem and rick owens, with a splash of Yohji thrown in for good measure. I think what makes NN shows as always is the styling, but i don't get the sense that it's very original.

this sums up my thoughts on the collection to a T

I also like NN beanies but will they cost $200?

12500 is the retail, i think

usually marked up to 25000 to 50000 yen

-THS logo ones and whatever worn by takuya kimura usually bumps the price up