Packing for a trip: The perfect pack

D3AD Vinyl

Hey Guys,

Just wondering about everyone's preference between fashion and comfort on a long or extended trip. In terms of footwear, clothing and accessories, what is the best way to pack or to bring on a long trip. Things like the best ratios and methods in everyone's personal experience. I only ask because I do a lot of traveling and have yet to strike a solid balance between quantity and quality.

Lets start with a summer trip say for anywhere from 1-2 months, if you are interested enough or feel like it then include a winter or fall trip as well in the same time scheme.

Include things like your favourite footwear. Amount and brands of things you found to be outstanding for the trip. Pretty much what we are trying to accomplish here is the perfect suitcase/backpack.

Keep it somewhat general but assume a good amount of walking, shopping, and night time activities!

depends where i go. say if i go to japan, hk, china.. i will pack light, since i know i will be able to buy clothes there for cheap. I always bring at least 2 pairs of shoes. 1 pair of running shoes *airmax 360 right now* for the long walks, and a pair of converse lows for the casual days + they are great since they arn't stiff shoes so u can squish them together without sacraficing luggage space.

when i go for a 1 month trip, i will usually pack enough so that i will have enough for a full week rotation... that means, i will have 5 t-shirts, 1 pair of jean and shorts, 7 pairs of socks, 7 pairs of undewear. I find packing the accessories to be a pain since i always seem to lose a ring or braclet when i travel.. so i just bring a cheap watch.. I find the best way to save space, buy your underwear at like walmart or any cheap places that sell underwear in a package .. that way they are fresh + they are packed neatly together so you dont have scattered underwear all thru your luggage.

im going to florida for a week. here is what i plan on bringing, not including what i'll be wearing:

5 plain uniqlo tees.

1 pair of diy denim shorts (snipped from a slim straight jean)

underwear + socks for each day

i would pack differently depending on where i'm going and for how long; for the sake of this trip, i didn't want to bring any of my usual clothes and subject them to the misery of florida heat. i even went out and bought a pair of cheapo Easy USA shoes so i wouldn't have to bring any of my usual pairs down there.

I pack about the same for any trip that's longer than 1 week, be it a month or six months. This is for travelling in hot climates:

-7 pairs underwear/socks

-Flip flops (nothing fancy)

-Pair of sturdy sneakers (Stan Smiths, or something like that)

-1 pair jeans (lighter dry denim)

-1 pair shorts

-5 tees/polos (AA, Fred Perry, assorted other tees)

-1 light rain jacket

For winter, I might drop the light rain jacket and a polo and throw in a sweater and tech fabric jacket. The rest of the space is reserved for books, toiletries and shit that I might buy while travelling.

i hate waiting for my luggage... so i tend to pack as little as i can so i dont need to check in my luggage... coming back is another story... my last couple of trips to Tokyo/HK/China, all i brought was my paul smith duffel with

-toiletry case (toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, cologne)

-pair of jeans

-pair of boxers

-laptop

-camera

-pair of socks

-shower flipflops (16+ Hrs on a plane with sneakers aint good for your feet)

-nyquil or tynenol pm (zZzZzZzZzZ)

-neck pillow (for when you (zZzZzZzZzZz)

-random book (when u wake up from (zZzZzZzZz)

-Tums, Peptol Bismol, and "Bo Jai Yuen" (your asshole throwing up on the plane aint fun

whatever i need, i just buy... ended up coming back with some cheap huge suitcase and my duffel bag filled up