[PICS] Denim Stores in Hong Kong

Landy

I was in Hong Kong last month and stopped by a few denim stores. Here's some pics. I didn't get any pics from the Yamane jeans store because they wouldn't let me.

Take 5

You may remember I posted pics of the first take 5 store last year and introduced the place to superfuture. Here are pics of the new Take 5 store. It's now located at the end of Granville Road on the second floor. Its pretty much the mecca for Japanese denim. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. They didn't have a pair of Samurai jeans that in a cut I wanted, so they've gone ahead and ordered them for me. They have close contact with the biggest Japanese denim companies. In fact, the owner of Sugarcane stopped by there last month.

DSC07457.JPG

DSC07458.JPG

DSC07459.JPG

DSC07460.JPG

DSC07461.JPG

DSC07462.JPG

DSC07463.JPG

DSC07464.JPG

DSC07465.JPG

DSC07466.JPG

Now there's also a new denim shop that opened about 2-3 months ago. Its smaller than Take 5 and carries a selection of lesser known Japanese denim labels like UES, steam, and Lea. The shop is called PUR and its located in the street behind Sogo in Causeway Bay. The shop is run by a guy named Dino and he's very nice.

DSC07416.JPG

DSC07417.JPG

DSC07418.JPG

DSC07419.JPG

DSC07420.JPG

DSC07421.JPG

DSC07422.JPG

DSC07423.JPG

My god I see the Eternals that I want to buy :(. Are the prices there really steep? I looked at sugarcane 1955 from hinoya and theyre approx 185USD but take 5 net sells it for 295... and did you get a 20% dc for being an SF member?

Now there's also a new denim shop that opened about 2-3 months ago. Its smaller than Take 5 and carries a selection of lesser known Japanese denim labels like UES, steam, and Lea. The shop is called PUR and its located in the street behind Sogo in Causeway Bay. The shop is run by a guy named Dino and he's very nice.

BTW in your denim sojurn, have you ever seen the old Evuisu-Pumas ie the ones where the daicocks end in puma head in one leg and puma rear in the other? That looks real cool.

rikakuma: the prices are about average. they do give discounts to superfuture members but it varies from 10-20%. however you can also get a VIP member card which will give you an automatic 20% off future purchases. you get the card from spending some amount of HKD at the store. i don't know what that is since a card was just given to me.

beast: i had seen those evisus before, but that was about a year or two ago. i haven't seen them since.

tintinson: where is that shop located? is it on nelson street in the red dot shopping arcade? there are a few denim spots in mongkok and prince edward that sells used and vintage levi's that i've seen.

Jean house is on 旺角洗衣街, 2nd floor of a building, the sign says "牛仔屋". They carry most of the Japan LVC... a lot!!! go take a look guys!!

where is that?

i too was in hong kong about three weeks ago and also went to the take 5 store and found the staff to be accommodating and knowledgeable and helpful (the young lady with the long hair was really knowledgeable about everything and steered me away from certain models just by looking at me .... )

anyway, prices were good, not as cheap as tokyo but less than north america

but the store is a great one stop shop for japanese denim

just loved the front wall of hidden cubby hole display thing for the denim

i too got one of those discount cards for future purchases and frankly still don't understand how it works but was told it will work with internet / phone purchases as they'll ship overseas

they have a website

can't find it on google but will post it from their business card