Nudie Jeans???

clintyclint

Can somebody explain what's so special about this brand? The only thing I find special is very clever and persuasive marketing!! Anything else?? Okay, so maybe some of the untreated denim is nice but so what!! What is so special about their washes and fits?? Oh yeah, I like the patch too.

Nudie Jeans are junk. You'd be much better of with Diesel...

Just kidding dude. Their washes, in my opinion, are wack, so stay away from those. But the reason I dig Nudie is because the dry denim is great. And their fits are on point. I like slimmer fitting jeans, where your girl can check out my ass while you're standing in line at the movies, so they got me covered there.

Guest DenimBar1

Nudie pays a great deal of attention to their jean. Down to the amount of nickel in the buttons and rivots because a lot of people are allergic to nickel and can't waer jeans ( I knowit's crazy but true). The pattern they use is great and fits a lot of different body types.

there wash's are dope ( in my opinion ) not to mention the dry denim.

Not alot of people know about Nudie which is great.

Those are a few of the reason's I like them plus as a retailer they sell well.

Quote:

Nudie pays a great deal of attention to their jean. Down to the amount of nickel in the buttons and rivots because a lot of people are allergic to nickel and can't waer jeans ( I knowit's crazy but true). The pattern they use is great and fits a lot of different body types.

there wash's are dope ( in my opinion ) not to mention the dry denim.

Not alot of people know about Nudie which is great.

Those are a few of the reason's I like them plus as a retailer they sell well.

--- Original message by DenimBar1 on Jun 25, 2005 12:37 PM

With all due respect, I've never heard of denim hardware not being nickel-free.

Regardless, what's the hype about Nudie? It just seems that many are very much persuaded by their marketing. I really don't think it's a quality thing at all. It's only a brand name with clever marketing. Not that I'm a big Diesel fan but they have GREAT fits!! The washes in my opinion far exceed Nudie washes too!! So, what's the hype??

Who ever said there was any hype? I've never seen a Nudie ad anywhere other than their own website as well (I'm in L.A.)

Diesel is maaad hyped. And A.P.C. is ULTRA hyped... On this forum at least.

Are you just bummin' on the name "Nudie" or what? Does it bother you or something? Be honest now... icon_smile.gif Just kidding.

Quote:

Who ever said there was any hype? I've never seen a Nudie ad anywhere other than their own website as well (I'm in L.A.)

Diesel is maaad hyped. And A.P.C. is ULTRA hyped... On this forum at least.

Are you just bummin' on the name "Nudie" or what? Does it bother you or something? Be honest now... icon_smile.gif Just kidding.

--- Original message by TragicBliss on Jun 27, 2005 12:53 AM

There certainly appears to be hype within our little community.

I'm not bumming or bothered about Nudie Jeans at all. Are you?? It just seems, at least to me, that the true quality-seeking consumer is being fooled a bit. If the consumer is seeking a specific brand name and lifestyle image, Nudie imo is perfect for that individual. As I said, Nudie has hammered out that aspect extremely well!! I’m just not understanding why the quality is being so praised, especially considering Nudie’s high costs! But then again, maybe the consumer is paying to be recognized as having that brand image and lifestyle.

My point strictly regards quality.

Superior quality = 45rpm, Evisu (for example, lots 1-200), APC, Rogan, Earnest Sewn, most Japanese brands, etc…

Yeah, Nudie marketing is pretty good.

Their worn-jeans pics (which maybe look a little better than reality) got me into dry denim.

The site has a very nice concept, particularly the fit-guide.

It's overpriced... it could cost much less. Their selvage denim is good quality, however, and it costs about the same as Dior Homme, Pace, Julian Red and many Japanese brands.

Nudie fits are great, and their selvage denim is much better than anything by APC, Rogan or Earnest Sewn, IMO. It's gorgeous, slubby, uneven, and the color that it comes out is true blue with a little bit of a greenish tone due to Ecru warp thread instead of white (as opposed to being a greyish color, a la ES, APC). A.P.C., Evisu, Rogan, Earnest Sewn all ABSOLUTELY market to a certain lifestyle, it's just not as obvious a lifstyle as Nudie. There is a reason for everything they do.

i dont think they are overpriced. tha basic nudies start at 99euros (around 120 dollars) thats a lot less than diesel. the selvage ones are at 239 - for a exceptional good dry selvage denim with a lot of details and love to it - thats ok...all the japanese brands charge similar,

and this is a japanese jeans, too, (in some way).

and the veggie indigos are at 300. thats fair , too. theres rarely another brand that offers a natural indigo dyed selvage jeans for that price. 45rpm's aihiko is about 3 times that price.

i think their pricing is allright. its not cheap tho, but their quality is neither..

Guest DenimBar1

A basic raw denim nudie now starts at $155.00 american. Their veggie wash is $475.00 american.

Starting in July there will be consistent pricing since Nudie now has a distriubtor for North America. The days of getting yours jeans for nudie direct are sadly over :(

Guest DenimBar1

basically Nudie was being rep'd out of sweden now they are being rep'd and distriuted by the want agancy in Canda they have all distriubtion of Noth America.

So in the beginning the retailer could buy for nudie now if in Canada or the U.S. they have to go through the want agancy.