Shipping items overseas (from the US)...

Shorty Long

I've been asked by someone (via an ebay transaction) to buy 5 pairs of boots and ship them to Asia where they are not available. I've never done anything like this before...and it seems a little shady.

Has anyone done this sort of thing before?

Of course, the items will have to be paid for in advance and I would expect a little extra for my time/effort...but if that works out, would I run into any problems?

Thanks in advance...

It shouldn't be a problem. I've shipped stuff to Asia before. Remember to tell them that they're responsible for all custom duties and taxes. Get all $$$ up front. Shipping via USPS Global Priority is the most value for the buck I think. FedEx and UPS are more secure, but will cost 2x as much.

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Edited by darknworn on Jun 24, 2005 at 09:49 AM

definitely set up a paypal account so you can accept credit cards. i sold some turntables to a kid in france on ebay a few months ago. my first time selling on there and it worked out fine. as long as you get paypal, you receive the money instantly, and can transfer it directly to your savings or checking account.