skate/streetwear shops in London?

What up? I'm thinking about going to London soon and would like to drop in on some like minded shops while I am there. I am looking for some streetwear or skate shops, also some vintage shops or whatever you think is the ill shit in London right now. I am also very in to graffiti so if you could give me some spots that have to do with that, that would be dope too. Isn't it true Banksy has a gallery there or does he just do shows?

thanks

Check the shoplist at SF.

Lots of good stores.

It's true that Banksy gives shows of his art, but I'm not sure of he has a gallery.

London has a very dope streetwearscene..people wear EVERYTHING!

Go visit Soho and you see most of the good stores.

What up? I'm thinking about going to London soon and would like to drop in on some like minded shops while I am there. I am looking for some streetwear or skate shops, also some vintage shops or whatever you think is the ill shit in London right now. I am also very in to graffiti so if you could give me some spots that have to do with that, that would be dope too. Isn't it true Banksy has a gallery there or does he just do shows?

thanks

thanks for the suggestions...so now that I am here, I am wondering where the real shit is going down. the underground, the punks, all that mess. everything I see is squeaky clean. that's not a bad thing per se, but I thought it was gonna be a little more punk. i'm sure it is because I have been visiting tourist traps and ritzy shit, so lead me the right direction. i have one day left and I miss the smell of stale urine and beer.

thanks for the suggestions...so now that I am here, I am wondering where the real shit is going down. the underground, the punks, all that mess. everything I see is squeaky clean. that's not a bad thing per se, but I thought it was gonna be a little more punk. i'm sure it is because I have been visiting tourist traps and ritzy shit, so lead me the right direction. i have one day left and I miss the smell of stale urine and beer.

Im in the same boat as you...ill be in london in a few days and really want to see the real underground aspects of the city...ive done all the touristy things before, so this time i want to check out what the real london has to offer...im into graffiti and that whole scene also...did you end up finding anything? if so, please let me know through this thread...thanks

As mention, you have Slam City and Hideout but you've also got Bape, Bond, Foot Patrol, dpMhi and Slammin Kicks just in Soho - a stones throw off Oxford Street.

there was a walk through(a little out dated but still valid) on the old rift trooper website worth a read.

Any queries drop me a PM.

If you are looking for places to go that are not the usual touristy bits i would suggest going to Camden and shoreditch.

Camden has a good market when they sell lots of odd clothes and punk stuff. Also some good shops around there and bars etc.

Shoreditch is very good at night for bars and clubs that are a bit different. All tastes can be found around there. It is also quite a trendy area. if you want to go there you can get off at Old Street tube and walk up .

I am wondering where the real shit is going down.....everything I see is squeaky clean. ....miss the smell of stale urine and beer.

Blimey, are we talking London, England here? As a native south Londoner, I grew up on stale beer and the stench of urine.

The Shoreditch suggestion was good, but the area's gone more mainstream now and the 'scene' has moved east to Bethnal Green.

What exactly did y'all want to see?

• 2 weeks later...

Check out spitalfields market on a sunday (camden's shite nowadays), also a few shops in the Truman Brewery just off Brick Lane- 'A butcher of distinction' is one of my faves